Senior Operative / Plant Operative
You will report to the Factory Shift Manager and the shift pattern will be based on a monthly rotation working days and nights working the following:
3 weeks working 3 x 12 hours, 1 week working 4 x 12 hours (rotating days and nights 05:00-17:00/17:00-05:00)
With this shift pattern, you will only work 169 shifts per year, an average of 14 days per month.
About the role
In your role as Senior Operative you will be responsible for an area whereby you will engage with and develop your team, promote health and safety, provide line leadership to skilled and agency employees, looking at ways of continuous improvement and ensuring a quality product to the customer in a productive and cost effective way.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Driving and monitoring performance of teams and individuals and to be able to offer coaching and guidance when needed. Ensuring that they have the right skills to deliver all of your performance targets and to look at succession planning for the future
- Supporting new starters to integrate into the area and ensure they understand expectations
- Be responsible for health and safety, product quality, technical integrity, and food safety through GMP, adherence to specification and processing parameters of the line.
- Ensure all safety equipment is in good working order and adhere to SSOW and SOPs, whilst support with training.
You will report to the Factory Shift Manager and the shift pattern will be based on 7-day fortnight working the following:
7-day Fortnight, weekdays 7:00-18:00, Thursday 06:45-18:00, weekends 07:00-18:30. An example of the days are below:
Week 1: Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday
Week 2: Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday
With this shift pattern, you will only work 183 shifts per year, an average of 15 days per month.
About the role
In your role as Plant Operative, you will be responsible for ensuring our lines are set up correctly, monitored and our quality standards are adhered to. You will be required to do set up the machines safely and conduct basic maintenance with our in-line cooking processes including our industrial fryer. In this key role you will ensure we comply to food safety guidelines, complete the associated paperwork and ensure our Operational performance meets our customers high quality expectation.
The food manufacturing industry is fast paced, so we require pace and agility along with resilience to ensure we continue to exceed our customers’ expectations. As our company is customer focused so it is key that we understand the ever-increasing quality standards, therefore you will need to be self-motivated, flexible and a good team player.
Knowledge of the food industry is an advantage but transferable skills are appreciated so if you have a can do attitude, attention to detail and a desire to ensure high quality your very welcome to apply as training will be provided to help you develop yourself and your career.
About RF Brookes
RF Brookes is part of the 2 Sisters Food Group, based at Rogerstone, Newport.
We are a large food manufacturer creating high quality ready meals for our customers employing 1700 employees. As we continue to grow, we have a number of vacancies which we hope will be of interest to you and offer a career path within food manufacturing.
What can we offer?
- Holidays – dependent on shift pattern 33 days per annum (pro-rata for different shifts)
- On-site parking
- Subsidised Canteen – operating day and night
- Staff Shop facility
- Cycle to work scheme
- Hapi Benefits – Discount at many retailers
- Wellbeing support
- Pay Rate includes paid breaks
- Plus a £10 attendance bonus for every Saturday and Sunday - *Terms and conditions apply*
- Plus a £10 attendance bonus for every night shift
Throughout your time at RF Brookes, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
Please click 'Apply'