Title: Process Engineer
The jobholder is an integral part of the team and will work on one or more of the Manufacturing Process areas and should execute their job role in accordance with the Company’s core values.
You will take responsibility for the performance of specific process operations for all programs of work that require that process and that a consistent approach is taken across products ensuring that best practice is used, and feedback is given and acted upon.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Continuously improve the performance of the process, equipment, and production procedures in the most economic manner consistent with the business objective.
- Specify, Install, and commission capital equipment in line with the business requirements.
- Support production to achieve targets in accordance with the production plan.
- Responsible for rework (out of normal) procedures, including documentation and qualification of the process.
- Ensure that the process is in control by using SPC to monitor key Product & Process characteristics, identifying violations and assisting in remedial actions.
- Defining measurement techniques to demonstrate process capability.
- Report on all improvement issues within the scope of their role.
- Responsible for ensuring that the technical throughput and capacity limiting issues are identified and work with the team to implement root cause solutions.
- Ensure that all shop floor documentation is correct (SOPs, training material, FMEAs ) and that Team Leaders / Cell Leaders are aware of the correct operating procedures for their respective areas. Write/produce work instructions (SOPs), rework procedures, process flow diagrams and any relevant instructions required.
- Support when required the NPI (new product introduction) process using all their experience to ensure a smooth transition into production.
- Problem solving – arriving at the conclusions necessary using appropriate tools and techniques (Six Sigma, Lean, SPC tools).
- Using data (in conjunction with the master production schedule) to measure process performance and implement appropriate improvement activities for instance: reduce cost, increase capacity, reduce rework, and remove scrap.
- Write machine programs (where applicable).
The job holder may be required to travel to suppliers from time to time with