Senior Financial Analyst - 12 month FTC
Changing the way people think about waste
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we're turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It's a view that's shared by our 7,500+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that's always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it's why we're the UK's No. 1 choice for business waste management.
A quick look at the role
The Senior Financial Analyst acts as a business partner for the HR, Payroll and Procurement central functions, ensuring these teams are supported and challenged in the delivery of their financial performance, providing valuable insight to aid value add decision making. The role also oversees the consolidated invoicing process which involves recharging costs to the business units on a consumption basis, along with timely and accurate posting of the monthly payroll journals .
*** Post Covid time will be divided between home and our High Wycombe office ***
Why it's an opportunity not to be wasted.
- A chance to work alongside senior management at Biffa
- Prepare monthly management accounts for each of the business units, including variance analysis and provide useful feedback/explanations of financial performance to finance and non-finance-personnel
- Work closely with the relevant MDs to understand, challange and manage spend and provide other ad-hoc support as required
- Prepare the full year budget, quarterly reforecasts and 5 year plan for each of the business units
- Review and prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Manage one direct report and support their development
- Oversee the consolidated invoicing process and posting of the monthly payroll journals
- Identify and drive process improvements and efficiencies in the day-to-day role
- Provide financial data and insight to assist in commercial decision making for central projects
- Provide end of year audit support giving full and adequate explanations to auditors where requested
- Qualified accountant or studying towards CIMA, ACCA or ACA
- Experience of management accounting, financial reporting and analysis
- Management accounting experience gained in the service, logistics or waste industries an advantage
- Confident with all Microsoft applications including advanced Excel skills
- Well organised with the ability to plan and prioritise
- Articulate, confident and assertive
- Analytical and able to quickly assess issues and recommend and/or implement solutions
- Robust and resilient, able to absorb pressure and respond positively
- Solid pragmatic approach to delivering to tight deadlines and targets
- The ability to communicate with conviction, plan with precision and, most importantly, play well with others
And here's why you'll love it at Biffa.
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching - because if you don't grow, we don't grow
- Generous pension scheme
- Retail and leisure discounts
- Holiday and travel discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
Dedicated to diversity
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It's why you'll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.