Location: Northampton, NN3 9EX.
Salary: Competitive, DOE.
Contract: 40 hours per week. Primarily Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm with Saturday working on a rota basis. 28 days per annum +3 bank holidays (Christmas, Boxing Day, NYD).
Billing Finance is a family-owned vehicle financing Company based on the outskirts of Northampton. We focus on customers with non-standard credit profiles that may not fit the automated underwriting processes of other lenders. Our mission is to help get all our people, including customers and staff "where they need to be" by "putting them at the heart of everything we do".
Our three key values are:
• We work as a team
• We promote ownership
• We are friendly and fair.
Being a family run Company, we treat our staff like family, going on trips away, social gatherings, and supporting the local community through charity endeavours. The successful candidate will not only have a successful and fulfilling career with us but will also receive a fantastic range of benefits.
We currently have approximately 90 staff members, so if you want to join a Company that wants to make a difference then apply today!
About the role
The role sits within our Collection department, in the Credit Control Team. Our Collections Department is made up of 2 functions. Early Arrears, and Post Termination. This role is within our Early Arrears function and the team comprises of approximately 15 employees. Early Arrears also includes our Credit Admin, Credit Risk and Customer Support teams.
This role involves supporting our customers on a day-to-day basis, especially those in financial difficulty or behind with their repayments.
Understanding our customers circumstances, ensuring they are reliably informed and providing outcomes which are both fair and suitable. The role is heavily telephone based; however, customers can also contact us by email, SMS and through our digital customer portals.
Previous experience in a regulated collections environment is essential for this role.
• Managing a queue system of allocated accounts
• Scheduling call backs to customers
• Contacting customers with accounts in arrears via telephone, email, and letter to determine their situation, primarily focused on obtaining payment or arranging a payment plan in keeping with company policies and customers affordability
• Writing letters and emails proactively and in response to customers & external agencies
• Preparing files for vehicle repossession and/or legal action
• Responding to customer letters and email queries
• Liaising with debt management agencies
• Taking manual payments over the telephone
• Taking inbound calls from customers regarding their agreement
• Liaising with other departments where necessary in order to effectively manage situations
• Reviewing customers credit files
• Using trace systems to locate customers
• Any other adhoc duties
Successful candidates will need to be able to demonstrate the following experience, and our Company values:
• Accuracy and attention to detail - essential
• Excellent timekeeping - essential
• Can work independently and as a part of a team - essential
• Assertiveness - essential
• Consumer Credit Experience - desirable
• Must be reliable, dependable and committed to grow with the company
• Experience and knowledge of HP financial agreements desirable but not essential
• A strong yet customer friendly telephone manner - essential
• Decision Making
• Problem Solving / Critical Thinking
• Client Service
• Work as a team
• Promote ownership
• Be friendly and fair
The Recruitment Process and How We Will Use Your Data
The recruitment process will involve obtaining information and/or exchanging it with the following organisations to assist with our pre-employment checks prior to interview.
• Credit Reference Agencies - to complete a soft credit check to understand your financial history
• CIFAS - to check both National and Internal databases for fraudulent activity. The personal information we have collected from you will be shared with Cifas who will use it to prevent fraud, other unlawful or dishonest conduct, malpractice, and other seriously improper conduct. If any of these are detected you could be refused certain services or employment. Your personal information will also be used to verify your identity.
To complete these checks you will be asked to provide your address history for the past six years, along with your full name and date of birth.
Billing Finance is an equal opportunities employer and will make any reasonable adjustments to accommodate any candidates with a disability.