Dawson Levy Resourcing are currently recruiting a Site Manager to join a client of ours on a permanent basis working within the Water Industry in Lichfield.
An opportunity has arisen for a Site Manager. Reporting to the Project Manager supporting the Project Delivery Team, you will be involved in the site management of Mechanical / Electrical / Civil installation schemes of a large-scale clean water project, job value circa GBP20m+.
What you'll be doing day to day
Preparation and sign off of all relevant documentation prior to the commencement of the installation phase of contracts, including but not limited to:
- Site Management Plans
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements for activities being undertaken by directly employed resources
Reviewing and approval of subcontractors site documentation including but not limited to:
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Installation programmes
- Test and Inspection documentation
- Management and control of all site activities ensuring that all work is undertaken in a safe and timely manner in accordance with all Safety, Health and Environmental legislation, all relevant contractual timescales and all relevant contract specifications.
- Liaison with the client's engineering and operational staff to ensure all KPI's are met or exceeded.
- To work alongside the Contract Engineer and Planner to regularly review the progress of the works ensuring that adherence to the contract programme dates are maintained. This will include the preparation and maintenance of fortnightly look ahead programmes.
To ensure all required site documentation is completed, including but not limited to:
- Daily diary sheets
- Daily allocation sheets
- Records of delays and changes, including the financial implications
- All relevant Safety, Health and Environmental documentation
- Records in respect of Subcontractor progress and performance
- To undertake Site Inductions and regular Tool Box Talks for all resources visiting and working on the site.
- Ensure that site costs are monitored and controlled.
- Preparation of progress reports as required.
- Attendance at site visits / meetings.
- Coordination and liaison with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installation and construction teams.
- Preparation of material & plant requisitions
The experience we're looking for in a candidate
- An industry applicable ONC or City & Guilds / NVQ equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries
- Relevant H&S qualifications (IOSH or CITB 5 Day Site Safety Management, A relevant CSCS card and First Aid training)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- Strong team player but also able to work as an individual
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
- Able to work in a busy environment under pressure
- Excellent communication skills (email/phone/face to face)
- Possess a "can do" attitude and provide to support to other members of the team as required
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution