Support Officer - Supported Living setting
Support Officer - Supported Living setting - Tower Hamlets, London E1 area.
Full time, Permanent - 37.5 hours per week
Salary : GBP22,065.27 per annum
A fully qualified Support Officer is required to work with a Supported Living setting in the Tower Hamlets area.
Shifts: The Shifts range from 8am-4pm, 3pm-11pm and you would be required to work some Weekends and do at least 1 Sleep in Shift each week. - This would mean that as Support Officer you would do the Late Shift from 3pm to 11pm, sleep within the service from 11pm to 8am, and then do the shift the next day from 8am to 4pm. As Support Officer you would be alone during the sleep-ins, so as Support Officer you must be comfortable with lone-working.
• Good public transport links
• No parking
• You will be working within aSupported Living for Young people aged 16-21 - under 18's referred by social services. Over 18's referred by social housing -
• Backgrounds of offending, MH, substance misuse, general homelessness
• High Bengali community
• Issues of forced marriage
• Domestic violence
• 24-hour staff within the service
• 2 emergency bed spaces for the likes of the homeless who need accommodation
• This is a 12 week assessment centre
• 6 week rolling rota
• 12 beds
• Undertake key work sessions, support planning, risk assessments and needs reviews.
• Creating an environment that promotes opportunities for our Customers to develop, learn and enable skills towards independence.
• Use SMART goal planning to provide needs led holistic support.
• Support Customers to develop the necessary skills to live independently, and to access training, education, and work.
• Experience of working with vulnerable people with complex needs in a support capacity.
• Good communication skills and the ability to engage with, and respect the needs of, vulnerable people
• Strong IT skills.
• Ability to work on a 6-week rolling rota, which includes early shifts, late shifts, weekends and sleep-in shifts.
Suitable qualified Support Officers with a background of working within a Supported Living environment, can Apply by sending over your uodated CV, and Contact Details.