Relief Security Officer
Ensuring the security and safety of Her Majesty's Courts and Tribunal Services' buildings, employees, legal professionals and visitors.
You will be responsible for protecting the security and safety of the identified buildings and personnel at a busy client site. You will ensure that assigned tasks are completed in a professional and timely manner and meet relevant legislations, ensuring the needs of all internal and external customers are fulfilled.
Your main responsibilities may also include:
- Control of access doors and gates to ensure that only authorised persons and vehicles are permitted access.
- Working with a team, conduct Physical search of all Court users Conducting entry searches of all persons entering buildings via public entrances (or any member of the public entering via any other entrance) by means of archway metal detectors, hand-held metal detectors and visual searches of bags, parcels and containers to ensure that no weapons, explosive devices or other prohibited items are brought on to the premises.
- Testing Security Systems, and accurately recording the data to ensure fully operational at the start of every day, archway metal detectors, hand-held metal detectors.
- Prevention of and attending to and dealing with security incidents.
- Assisting to ensure the correct and agreed evacuation procedures are followed by all members of the public in the event of an emergency including the identification of a suspect package or a fire.
- Control & Restraint of violent and aggressive court users, preventing or excluding persons from secure parts of the building or environment.
- Carry out instructions from members of the Judiciary to attend court and in some circumstances remove individuals from the Court or Court Room.
- Respond rapidly to personal attack panic alarms throughout the building.
- Testing of Alarm Systems, and accurately recording the data to ensure fully operational including fire alarms and personal attack alarms.
- Carrying out regular patrols of the building and its environment as required.
- Acting as a first line support to employees and site visitors, providing a professional and friendly service.
- Issue and collection of visitors and contractors' passes and escort of visitors and contractors.
- Operation of and monitoring CCTV equipment.
- Supervision of contractors and cleaners etc. in secure areas.
- Opening up the building at the start of the day.
- Closing down securing the building at the end of the day and setting the alarm System and acting as key holder for emergency call out purposes.
- Maintaining records - Equipment checks, confiscated items, Incident reports etc.
- Maintaining security of keys and control of issue to authorised personnel.
- Service area barrier control and traffic management.
To succeed in this role you will need the following:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willing to travel between sites in Workington and Carlisle
- Experience of working within the Security Industry is an advantage
- Door Supervisor SIA licence is essential
- Driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential
- Ability to work on own initiative
- CCTV licence would be an advantage training can be given
- A clean DBS History (Drink Driving excluded)
- Excellent customer service skills
- A professional demeanour with sound judgement and integrity; in order to prioritise and deal with challenging situations, in accordance with procedures and processes.
- Customer focused.
Does this role sound like it's for you? Apply now! If you require any support with your application, please contact Megan Forse on or via email on - please do not email or call to apply directly, in order to be considered for this role you must complete this online form.
What will you get in return?
- 22 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays
- Entitled to company sick pay
- A pension scheme- to save for the future - eligibility rules apply
- Access to high street discounts
- Access to low interest loans
- Recognition scheme 'OCS Stars'- monetary rewards given to top performers
- Training and Development- apprenticeships, e-learning, English as a Second Language and our award nominated 'Impact' Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Wellbeing Support
Why join OCS Group Ltd?
From providing a first-class shopping experience at major retail and leisure establishments, to maintaining critical factory facilities for well-known industrial organisations, to supporting the patient journey at large hospitals, we provide the essential services that keep businesses and societies running day in and day out.
We are the largest family-owned facilities management services company in the world and we deliver over 70 accredited services internationally.
OCS prides itself as a company that has family values.
We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS.