2nd Line Service Desk Analyst//Burton on Trent
I am currently recruiting on behalf of an end - user based in Burton - on - Trent (the role will be a mix of home and office based) who are looking for a 2nd Line Support Desk Analyst on a permanent basis. Please see below for more information of what my client is looking for:
Provide an effective escalation point for all IT support queries ensuring tickets are handled and resolved or reassigned as quickly and efficiently as possible. This will require working with 1st line, 3rd line support teams as well as third-parties to resolve in depth technical incidents escalated from 1st line support whilst also ensuring fixes and any knowledge gained is shared with the Service Desk. Support, install and configure end user IT systems, printers and third-party software for business employees.
- Ensure SLA's are met by responding, resolving or escalating tickets in a timely manner.
- Take ownership of tickets ensuring the customer and ticket is updated with the ticket resolved where possible or assigned to next resolving group in a timely manner
- Provide a professional and high-quality customer support service adhering to service management principles
- Manage, build and deploy our Windows desktop environment.
- Troubleshoot desktops, laptops, Servers, hardware, software and network faults.
- Provide general technical advice to customers
- On occasions provide IT support at other company sites
- Undertake and support with project work
- To actively contribute to infrastructure and security maintenance activities such as security patching.
- Provide support to 1st Line to help upskill and improve knowledge
- To liaise with and build strong working relationships with key business stakeholders
- Identify recurring incidents and raise known problems. Raise awareness With Team Leader or IT Service Desk Manager.
- Ensure all IT equipment conforms to the required safety standards
- Create, manage and evolve Policies, Processes and Procedures
- To participate in the IT out of hours support rota as required.
- Keep abreast of new technologies
- Deputise for the IT Team Leader on occasions
- IITIL certification or working knowledge of.
- A+ certification or equivalent
- AZ900 certification
- Strong knowledge of working and supporting Microsoft technologies, software and operating systems such as D365, O365 Active Directory, Exchange, Windows 10, Server 2016+, Azure, SCCM, Intune, Bitlocker and the PowerPlatform.
- Comprehensive understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration.
- Understanding of networking including LAN,WAN and VPN.
- Experience in leading small-scale projects in the area of desktop support of Personal computers and peripherals
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Previous IT Service Desk experience
- Able to write technical documentation and document policies, processes and procedures
- An enthusiasm for IT and a technical aptitude
- Results focused and action oriented; displays a positive work attitude
Would you be interested to find out more? Please get in touch ASAP.
Consultant: Kamilla Hagen
Email: (see below)
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.