Metadata Coordinator - FTC - Home Working Available
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Note: This is an FTC for 6 months.
As a Co-ordinator your primary focus will be on the processing and quality checking of metadata, as provided by our suppliers, through our systems. In doing so you will be playing a crucial role in assuring, protecting, and driving the Sky customer viewing experience.
What you'll do:
* Matching received content from our suppliers to the appropriate programme on Sky core systems
* Complete quality checking of matching, and post-match screening of ingested content, highlighting and escalating any issues for resolution
* Completing above activities within required time and quality standards
* Collaborate on testing and identification of supplier, system and process improvement opportunities
* Complete ad-hoc activities as assigned by team leadership
What you'll bring:
* This position is a starting-out role for someone looking to begin their career in the TV/Media industry looking to use the department as an introduction to the business.
* Ability to work in shift patterns between 6:30am and 10pm, weekdays and weekends
* Whilst being comfortable working as part of a larger team, person needs to be able to self-motivate and remain productive without extensive one-on-one supervision
* The ability to work to tight deadlines, independently and under pressure
* Comfortable skills working with large volumes of data (and meticulous in your approach)
* Fluent English required with German and Italian reading capability an asset
Content Technology & Innovation, we use the latest tech to create, process and distribute the best entertainment. We are a unique blend of talent covering both engineering and operations with more than 2500 people across Europe. We connect our customers to more of what they love all day, every day. You'll be joining a proactive, forward-thinking, and collaborative team setting the standard for excellent innovation.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Free access to NOW, for streaming all your favourite shows
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed GBP30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.