SAP Developer - Elland/Remote Working - Up to GBP45k + Package
Hays Technology is looking for an experienced SAP Developer to join our manufacturing client based in Elland, West Yorkshire and the role will be involved in all aspects of SAP and systems development.
Our client is a global manufacturing organisation who serves customers in the Power, Oil & Gas, General Industry and water sectors with highly engineered valves, pumps and actuators, as well as complete support through all processes.
Your new role The business operates SAP ECC 6.0 as its ERP system however has a range of interfacing systems including Sales Force, Power BI and bespoke applications. This role is responsible for supporting the Business Systems Manager to ensure the effective operating of SAP, integrity of business systems data and developing & delivering continuous improvement solutions. SAP modules include MM, PP, SD, FI & CO.
What you'll need to succeed
- Knowledge of database management systems, particularly Microsoft SQL and Access. Power BI experience.
- In depth understanding of SAP ideally ECC 6.0, in particular user interfaces, SAP BAPI functions, report creation.
- Understanding of Microsoft Visual Basic or VB.NET would be beneficial.
- A minimum of 2 years experience working on SAP.
- Configuration/SPRO (appeared from the interviewee's that this is something a separate Functional Consultant would generally perform)
- Administration - User Management
- Authorisations (again generally performed by a separate team in larger companies)
- Process Knowledge - Transaction and Business knowledge (similar to a 'Super User') particularly in modules SD.MM,PP,FI,CO and QM (and again generally you tend to see specialisation in specific modules).
- Customer focus and process improvement - the ability to discuss an initial concept with the customer, or even identify a business improvement, and review all options to identify the best solution, as opposed to create a program that a Functional Consultant or Client has generated a detailed technical specification for.
- The preference would be for candidates to have formal IT Change Management certification eg. ITIL
What you'll get in return
An excellent salary is on offer for this role, paying up to GBP45k. The benefits package is 33 days' holiday (26 days plus 7 Bank Holidays), contributory pension (4.5% matched or 6%matched), life assurance (2x salary if not in pension/4 x salary if in pension scheme), employee assistance programme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.