Software Asset Management Principle
Software Asset Manager, Midlands, 6 months contract, negotiable rate, outside IR-35
As a Software Asset Manager, you will design, build and deploy Software Asset Management for the whole of the International Organization based in Midlands.
- Leading a team to maintain accurate inventory of software assets and license compliance position, including planning, acquiring, deployment, management, and retirement of software assets
- Ensuring successful audits are achieved as and when they are necessary
- Development of governance programs including strategies, policies, processes, procedures, roles & responsibilities and KPIs
- Assist internal customers before, during or after an external publisher audit
- Assist internal customers with license true-up or contract renewal by providing them an overview of what they currently have, what they use and what they should true-up or renew
- Represent SAM within Change Management
- Engage with Projects to provide Licence Architecture
- Manage and report on Inventory data
- Manage Software Licence Entitlement
- Manage Asset Discovery and reporting
- Create Effective Licence Positions
- Support Software Contract Renewals
- Previous experience with SAM governance development and optimisation.
- Delivered SAM to a major organisation either nationally or internationally.
- Expert, deep level technical and governance knowledge of SAM processes and tools
- Excellent technical knowledge of Asset Management technologies
- Excellent analytical and data handling skills
- Knowledge of Software and SaaS principals and best practices, industry standards, tools & technology
- Knowledge of usage metrics for key Software and SaaS providers such as Microsoft (Office 365), Red Hat, Adobe, Oracle, IBM, Tableau, Etc.
- Demonstrated ability to influence the scope and direction of initiatives across multiple levels of management and organizational boundaries
- Strong communicator via all media: collaboration technologies (SharePoint, Teams, etc.) and presentations written, emails, verbal - with a wide variety of audiences
- Knowledge of Flexera, SCCM, ADDM, Tanium, EPO and ServiceNow
- Experience with SAP or Oracle finance systems (Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Receipting)
- Experience with ITSM Tools (Service Now, Remedy etc)
- Infrastructure knowledge (Mainframe, VMware & Citrix)
- Financial management, experience managing or administering budgets
Certified either in Software Asset Manager (CSAM), IT Asset Manager (CITAM), Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/E), and/or software vendor licensing training programs
If you are interested, please apply or send your CV to (see below)