Service Integration Engineer - Flexible Working Available
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
"The Service Integration team provides a range of services to internal and external broadcast stakeholders in their function of executing and operationally supporting technical changes to the platform head-ends that supply the services & features available to Sky set top boxes and OTT devices as well as covering change and problem management. Service Integration sits within the Broadcast Platforms team as part of the wider Content Technology & Innovation division of Sky UK." - Head of Broadcast Platforms
What you'll do:
- Providing a high-quality integration service to multiple internal & external stakeholders, including Sky Commercial/Business, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, BBC, ITV, Arqiva, for example.
- Liaising with said stakeholders to ensure requirements are defined and understood while relevant parties (both internal and external) are appropriately engaged to deliver to those requirements.
- Planning, enabling and implementing technical changes to satellite and on-demand platform head-ends in a timely and risk averse manner.
- Liaising with our Monitoring & Support teams to ensure smooth operational handovers as part of live deployment of changes to the platforms.
- Ensuring all changes affecting the platforms are implemented in accordance with the department and the wider company's change control procedures.
- Ability to comprehend technical changes as well as troubleshoot and problem solve in a fast-paced dynamic environment
What you'll bring:
- A strong technical and logical awareness and curiosity to know how things work with a desire to solve problems.
- Shown yourself to be self-motivated, positive and have a pro-active attitude; a quick learner who can work both independently and within a team, taking personal ownership of tasks to drive them to completion.
- Good interpersonal, written and communication skills; ability to work directly with stakeholders in partnership and be able to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Attention to detail: First-rate data analytic skills with a deep commitment to accuracy and thoroughness.
- Experience of, or interest in Broadcasting, for example, a knowledge of Digital Broadcasting standards such as DVB & MPEG etc.
- Educated to degree level (or educational equivalent) in a Broadcast, Technical, Information Technology or Engineering subject or 2-3 years of experience within the digital broadcasting industry - if not educated to degree level
Group Product is the team behind the renowned Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design, we're proud that everyone's favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs. In Content Technology & Innovation, we use the latest tech to create, process and distribute the best entertainment. We are a unique blend of talent covering both engineering and operations with more than 2500 people across Europe. We connect our customers to more of what they love all day, every day. You'll be joining a proactive, forward-thinking, and collaborative team setting the standard for excellent innovation.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Access to free NOW, for streaming all your favourite shows
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
This role will be mainly worked from home with touch down days in Osterley.
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. Wea're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.