Desktop IT Engineer
Desktop IT Support Engineer
Location: UK-Alton, Hampshire
Onsite IT Support Engineer - onsite 5 days a week in Alton
Full time Permanent - To start ASAP by mid-Aug at latest
GBP34,000- GBP37,000 basic + benefits
- 1st & 2nd Line deskside, user facing IT support
- Ability to support networks/Servers from client side
- Act as go between for helpdesk and users
- Experience in a similar role
- Strong communication skills
- Customer focused
My client, a leading international MSP organisation is looking for an experienced deskside IT engineer to work at their end client site in Alton, providing technical support to end-users who need assistance with their computer hardware or software. This could involve fixing a technical fault, answering a query, fulfilling a service request or anything that is needed to allow users to return to work satisfactorily. This role requires exceptional customer focus, communication skills and a service mindset.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Assist and support end-users who require assistance with IT related hardware and software.
- Identify and diagnose issues and problems.
- Action service requests.
- Advise users on action to take.
- Categorise and record reported queries.
- Escalate unresolved problems.
- Effectively question users to establish symptoms.
- Follow guidelines and apply basic product knowledge to resolve user requests.
- Escalate unresolved incidents.
- Identify and classify incident types and service interruptions to build the knowledge system.
- Record incidents cataloguing them with symptoms and resolutions.
- Accurately and carefully follows established procedures.
- Checks work to ensure it is complete and free from errors.
- Acts promptly to correct quality defects.
- ITIL environment experience
- Comp TIA A+/Comp TIA Network+
- Windows Server Operations and administration
- Active Directory administration
- Win 7/10 OS admin
- Deskside EUC IT support
- Basic networking skills
- VOIP, MS teams knowledge