Job Title: Communications Manager
Sector: Arts, Culture & Heritage
Job Type: Fixed term contract or freelance opportunity (maternity cover for 13 months)
Dates: September 2021 to October 2022
Hours: 30 hours per week 0.8 FTE
Salary: This is a fixed term role for 13 months, salary £27-45k (pro rata 0.8) dependant on experience. We will consider a freelance proposal as an alternative with a consultancy fee of £41.7k (inc. VAT).
Location: Office in Redruth, Cornwall - remote working considered.
Golden Tree Productions are looking for an experienced Communications Manager (CM) who will report to the Artistic Director and Company Manager. They will be responsible for developing and implementing a marketing strategy across all existing and new projects as well as the organisation. This role will ensure all marketing, social media, newsletters, website content and press releases support our mission ‘to do stuff that moves people’ and help progress our business objectives.
- Plan and deliver of all marketing, communications, social media and PR activity across all projects and core company activities.
- Content creation across all social media channels to ensure regular posting of interesting, informative, and entertaining content.
- Interact with any social media activity to build followers and increase engagement.
- Balance organisational social media with advocacy and sector support.
- Write and distribute press releases.
- Engage and manage local and national media.
- Ensure all internal and external communications adhere to company’s tone of voice and brand guidelines.
- Maintain newsletter mailing lists, create and distribute regular newsletters through Campaign Monitor.
- Raise the company’s profile locally and nationally to help develop new income streams and partners.
- Monthly monitoring and reporting against comms objectives to grow our audience (using tools such as Google Analytics).
- Relationship management of key stake holders including funders such as the Arts Council and National Lottery Heritage Fund.
- Ensure that all sponsors and funders are properly recognised and acknowledged in accordance with their guidance.
- Maximise value of our recently developed Golden Tree and Go Cornish websites, taking responsibility for site maintenance, keeping it up to date, active, relevant, and legally compliant.
- Devise and implement Audience Development Plans for projects.
- Assist in the writing of funding applications from an audience perspective.
- Proven track record of successful creation and delivery of marketing campaigns across a range of media.
- Excellent oral and written English, and ability to adapt tone and content to a variety of different audiences and platforms.
- Proven ability to work accurately at all times, including in highly pressurised situations.
- Highly reliable, well organised and delivery focussed.
- Value the importance of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Highly motivated, proactive in developing own ideas and delivering high quality work.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Worked at a senior strategic marketing/communications level.
- Experience of comms role in an arts, media, cultural or charitable organisation.
- Experience of developing partnerships and working on programmes supported by external funders.
If you are interested, please send a CV and covering letter, by clicking apply.
Closing date: 3rd August 2021
Interviews: w/c 9th August 2021