Test Engineer - Software Tester - Permanent position in Southampton
You New Organisation
We are currently recruiting for a Test Engineer on a permanent basis to join a large and well established organisation based in Southampton.
You will be joining their growing Technology and Design team who play a key role in ensuring that organisation is at the cutting edge of technical capability and is looking for people to join them. The team's mission is to work across the business to provide customer centric design and technology service.
You will have an opportunity to make an impact. To empower projects that deliver real-world benefits across Britain and internationally.
As the Test Engineer you will work to develop the next generation systems, that drive world-leading business applications. You will work closely with Software Engineers in an Agile environment to deliver the test activities to meet the functional and non-functional requirements and ambitions of our stakeholders.
This is a varied role where you will be responsible for designing and driving out automated tests, executing manual test suites to ensure adequate and effective test coverage.
You will provide test assurance of the user stories according to the defined acceptance test criteria; whilst working in a test-first environment using cloud architecture, regularly participate in estimation activities and are encouraged to identify opportunities to maximise test benefit within the team.
You will report to and provide regular updates to the domain Test Lead; providing assurance at team planning sessions to ensure test best practice, continual improvements and appropriate standards are adhered to.
- Ability to design and write automation test harnesses in C# or Scala
- Agile methodologies and working closely with engineers, advising on engineering improvement
- Producing scenarios, tests and data for, as well as carrying out data testing Automating tests in a test-first CI/CD environment, such as Azure DevOps
- Testing in the cloud and knowledge of the Azure Portal (or similar)
- Designing and implementing functional & non-functional testing with TDD/BDD
- Ability to design the appropriate end to end test approach for complex Back End systems
- Ability to allocate and prioritise own work when working on multiple tasks
- Qualified to Foundation Level in Software Testing (or equivalent)
Additional experience would be advantageous:
- Data technologies preferably Databricks, or other ETL techniques
- Ability to write PowerShell scripts
- Salary up to GBP40,698 Performance related bonus
- A competitive pension scheme
- Flexible working and hybrid/flexible working options
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30 days with tenure) plus bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas Plus, a suite of excellent additional benefits
- The organisation is keen to also invest in you, as such they encourage development and training to allow you to grow within your role. In addition, there are paths for development opportunities within the business as your expertise flourish.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.