Sessional Lecturer in Multi-Skills - Construction
Are you working in construction and looking for your next job or are you are multi-skills lecturer looking for your next teaching opportunity in an education setting? If you are, we would like to meet with you.
This position is not currently live but the college is looking to shortlist potential candidates for after the summer break.
The role involves delivering the Ascentis and C & G Multi Skills courses. Subject areas are, carpentry, tiling, electrical and plumbing, you do not have to be a specialist at all trades as there will be others who have these skills so do still apply.
The Multi Skills Lecturer will be responsible for:
- Liaising with the other members of the department and Deputy Head of School to facilitate efficient delivery of the curriculum
- To plan, design and deliver learning programmes/sessions and facilitate learning in line with course aims, objectives, mode of assessment and accreditation
- To monitor, evaluate and improve the quality and effectiveness of learning programmes, sessions and own practice
- To undertake specific course leadership.
The ideal candidates would have a:
- Good formal level of education with general qualification passes
- Ideally have recent experience of working in an educational/learning environment
- Ideally have worked in a lecturer or technician role
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to liaise with staff and people at all levels (internal and external)
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Ability to work with attention to detail
- Flexibility and responsiveness to working hours, patterns and arrangement
Closing date for the return of an online application is midnight Monday 16th August 2021
South Thames Colleges group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
The South Thames Colleges Group is made up of Carshalton College, Kingston College, Merton College and South Thames College, which merged on 1 August 2017. South Thames Colleges Group is one of London’s largest providers of post-16 education and training and is an ongoing and significant contributor to its local communities. We aim to put students’ success at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for hard-working and collaborative people who can join our team and help challenge our students to progress and achieve.
When you click on ‘Apply’, you will be forwarded to the application page which sits on a platform hosted by an external partner called Blue Octopus who support STCG throughout the recruitment process.