Sessional lecturer in Electrical Installation
Do you have electrical installation experience and looking to move into education, or are you an electrical installation lecturer looking for your next sessional teaching opportunity? If you are, we would like to hear from you.
This position is not currently live but the college is looking to shortlist potential candidates for after the summer break.
The role involves delivering the C18th Edition, Internal inspection and verification qualification and the new C & G Level 2, 3 technical qualifications and teaching at level 1. You may not have experience of all of the above, but do not be put off from applying, If you are still seeking your first job, this could be the start you need...
The Electrical Installation Lecturer will be responsible for:
- Liaising with the other members of the department and Deputy Head of School to facilitate efficient delivery of the curriculum
- plan, design and deliver learning programmes/sessions and facilitate learning in line with course aims, objectives, mode of assessment and accreditation
- monitor, evaluate and improve the quality and effectiveness of learning programmes, sessions and own practice
- undertake specific course leadership.
The Electrical Installation Lecturer will need to have:
- Good formal level of education with general qualification passes
- Ideally have recent experience of working in an educational/learning environment
- Ideally have worked in a lecturer or technician role
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to liaise with staff and people at all levels (internal and external)
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Ability to work with attention to detail
- Flexibility and responsiveness to working hours, patterns and arrangements
Closing date for the return of an online application is midnight Monday 16th August 2021
South Thames Colleges group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
The South Thames Colleges Group is made up of Carshalton College, Kingston College, Merton College and South Thames College, which merged on 1 August 2017. South Thames Colleges Group is one of London’s largest providers of post-16 education and training and is an ongoing and significant contributor to its local communities. We aim to put students’ success at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for hard-working and collaborative people who can join our team and help challenge our students to progress and achieve.
When you click on ‘Apply’, you will be forwarded to the application page which sits on a platform hosted by an external partner called Blue Octopus who support STCG throughout the recruitment process.