External Affairs Officer
External Affairs Officer
Are you friendly, organised and enjoy taking care of and communicating with influential and high-profile individuals, politicians and organisations?
We do some truly amazing work, and we need your help to spread the word. NFER has a worldwide reputation as a leading independent provider of education research and analysis. Our mission is to improve outcomes for future generations everywhere and to support positive change across education systems. Our research informs policy and practice and has supported the creation of an excellent education for all children and young people for over seventy-five years.
As our External Affairs Officer you’ll support the External Affairs Manager in ensuring NFERs work is impactful and influential. Your role will coordinate stakeholder management, including monitoring and updating of the CRM database, identifying key stakeholders for each project and sending timely communications.
A key part of your role will be to plan and promote the delivery of the annual calendar of events that NFER’s staff attend throughout the year. You’ll ensure spokespeople have everything they need to ensure their attendance goes smoothly and that their presentations are on brand. You’ll measure the impact of their appearances by tracking and evaluating its success.
- Demonstrable experience in external affairs, public affairs, events, or another related field.
- Experience of organising and delivering events.
- Experience of building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Highly organised, self-motivated and proactive.
This role requires someone who is comfortable liaising with some of the UK’s leading educational professionals and senior high-profile politicians. You may have held similar roles such as Events coordinator, Events manager, Events Officer, marketing and events coordinator, marketing, and events administrator.
- Competitive salary £26,000 - £30,000
- Generous pension scheme
- Hybrid working available (home and Slough office)
- 42 days’ holiday per year including Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
- Support for professional development
- Great work/life balance (35 hours worked per week)
Most of our teams are currently working from home. Our offices are open and surrounded by five acres of green land on the outskirt of Slough, located close to Windsor. It's just 15 minutes from
London Paddington and an easy drive from the M4, M40 and London Heathrow.
If you’re looking for a place where you can put your heart, soul and skills into making a difference, we want to hear from you. Apply via the button shown.
We are reviewing candidates on an ongoing basis; the closing date for applications is midnight 4th August 2021.
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.