Senior HR Advisor (Human Resources)
Senior HR Advisor (Human Resources)
37 hours per week
Fixed term contract for 12 months
This is an interesting and varied role working within a busy team who provide comprehensive support to all of our operational services. In this role, you would be working closely with key stakeholders to provide advice, support and guidance to enable the organisation to develop a workforce that can deliver our strategic goals.
You would be coaching managers on all aspects of recruitment, employee relations, welfare, health and safety, performance management, training, and related issues and would be responsible for managing a member of the team and being the expert within the team for day-to-day operational queries.
A day in the life of a HR Business Partner:
- Management - line manage a member of the team, coaching them and supporting them with their day-to-day role and development
- Advice - advising the business and employees on all HR queries whilst coaching them through our practices and processes
- Employee Relations – manage complex employee relations casework including TUPE transfers, dispute resolutions, performance issues, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy, liaising with our retained lawyers as required
- TUPE - manage the HR process in relation to tenders and TUPE projects
- Recruitment – work with the Recruitment advisor to support managers in recruitment and selection solutions, supporting with interviews as required
- Training – coach managers to develop their people management skills and actively identify and deliver training needs, particularly management development
- Health and safety – be responsible for people related health and safety matters, advising employees and managers as appropriate
- System – ensure that the HR system and any associated correspondence is managed in an accurate, timely and professional way
- Management Information – analyse reports on our key performance indicators reports and produce management information
- HR Policies – be fully conversant with HR policies and work with our legal provider to monitor all HR policies to ensure they are in line with current legislation
- Team - support and coach other HR team members. Work as part of the team on other HR led initiatives and projects
- Processes – work as part of the team to actively identify process improvements and better ways of working which will contribute to our key performance indicators
We are a homeless housing association, offering supported accommodation in Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Berkshire and West Sussex for those who are homeless, vulnerable or in need of support. We will provide you with a full and enjoyable training plan from the beginning of your journey with us. We are committed to ensuring that you have the tools and the knowledge necessary to do your job effectively.
- Integrity – Honesty and trust are central to integrity.
- Resilience – The capacity to adapt in the face of challenging circumstances whilst maintaining a stable mental wellbeing.
- Empowering – Given the right training and guidance, people can make their own decisions in the workplace. We support clients to make informed life choices putting them in control of their futures.
- Inclusive – We positively welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness or of accessing support services.
- Proactive – Taking responsibility for your life and actions. We encourage you to take the initiative.
- Attributes and Values
Essential criteria for the role includes:
- CIPD qualified, or equivalent qualification through experience
- Experience of working in a similar sector
- Proven experience across all aspects of HR including performance management, training and recruitment and particularly employee relations
- An excellent communicator with the ability to interact at any level
- IT literate with experience of working with HR systems
- Customer focussed with a strong attention to detail
- Organised, with the ability to work to prioritise and juggle
- Thorough, up-to-date knowledge of employment law and HR best practice
- Experience of managing management information and working to key performance indicato
- Experience of managing others
- Essential competencies: customer service, communication, team work, coaching, good numeric and literacy skills, honesty and integrity, analytical and problem-solving skills and development of own knowledge and skill