Assistant Transport Manager
Job Title: Assistant Transport Manager
Company: Kings Monkton School
Location: Cardiff, CF24 3XL
Kings Monkton School is a successful and thriving independent school for children aged 3-18 years old in the heart of Cardiff. We are currently looking for a Transport Manager to join our successful team. The primary responsibility of this exciting opportunity will be to manage the School’s transport operations and drive a school minibus route and support the school CPC Transport Manager.
Contract - 50 hours a week, Monday to Friday to be worked between 0630 -
1745hrs. Part time. Permanent.
Salary - Kings Monkton School SS1 £23,400 (pro rata). depending on experience and qualifications.
Qualifications & Experience:
Essential: D1 licence and Driver CPC card.
Desirable: CPC Passenger qualification, or qualification within 9-month of appointment. Experience of managing a transport fleet.
- Co-ordination and line management of school driver team.
- Lead for transport operations incident management
- The development and maintenance of school transport management policy.
- Management of the school vehicle fleet in accordance with PSV licence requirements and policy.
- Co-ordination of vehicle inspections, servicing, maintenance and safety inspections, and oversight of fleet maintenance contract.
- Route planning and management, of both school runs and additional activities.
- Checking of driver’s timesheets, recharging costs and fuel receipts against records.
- Support to transport budget management and planning.
- Completion of CPC (Passenger) within nine months of appointment (post will be liable to a 24-month training contract agreement).
- Driver for one of our school runs
- Support to additional school activities as required.
- Maintenance of fleet vehicles on a weekly basis
- Route management (planning, confirming pick-up/drop off points and trouble shooting)
- Refreshments Package
- All staff have access to our free refreshments package, which gives staff access to tea, coffee and filtered water throughout the day. Biscuits are also provided free of charge and on Fridays cakes and fruit platters are available for staff during the hours of 10.00-11.15.
- Free brunch during INSET days and complimentary Christmas Dinner. Subsidised end of academic year summer party.
- Free eye tests for all staff. Free winter Flu Vaccination jabs. BUPA Private EAP
- Cyclescheme is the UK's most popular cycle to work benefit, creating more cyclists than any other provider. The cycle to work scheme allows employees to obtain commuter bikes and cycling accessories through Kings Monkton School, whilst spreading the cost over 12 months and making unbeatable savings through a tax break, saving between 25-39% on a new bike for work.
- Techscheme lets you get the latest tech through your employer. You then spread the cost with payments from your salary across 12 months and make National Insurance saving up to 12%. Techscheme is powered by Apple and Currys PC World, so you can choose from over 5,000 products from their incredible range.
Use of Gym
- All staff have access to our refurbished gym and can use the facilities free of charge after school.
Reference ID: KMS Transport Manager_Jul 21
Part-time hours: 50 per week
Apply for Assistant Transport Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly