Features Writer ( Daily Star)
Competitive + company benefits
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Feature Writer to join the Daily Star's digital news team. A new role, it will allow the successful candidate to take a deeper dive into the topics and themes our readers care about. If you have a flair for writing fascinating, engaging, entertaining and hard-hitting features, we want to hear from you. The role will be fun and varied, taking you from nostalgia and conspiracy theories to serial killers and SAS soldiers' tales of combat - and that's just in one shift.
As well as following the news agenda and tapping into the true story behind the latest Netflix documentary, you'll be expected to come up with brilliant ideas for timeless features on everything from true crime to the paranormal. We're looking for someone who's not afraid to pick up the phone and speak to people to get the strongest lines for exclusive content.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this the role may close without notice, so please don't delay in your application.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express, Daily Star and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Pitch ideas daily around trending topics and the biggest on-brand stories
- Think outside the box to deliver unique, original content
- Write detailed, accurate and interesting features on a range of topics
- Manage an effective diary to plan content around events, well in advance
Who are we looking for?
- Teeming with ideas on a wide range of topics
Understanding of the Daily Star's digital audience
- A flair for writing fascinating and engaging content with intriguing headlines
- Tenacious yet personable with an ability to extract original lines from interviews
- Experience of working in a reporting or journalistic writing role is essential
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Plus lots of high street discounts
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.