5 days left
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Sous Chef - All Chef Levels
REPORTS TO: Head Chef
THREE MILE BEACH: OVERVIEW
Recently featured in ‘The Times 100 Best Trips for 2021 Worldwide’, along with other publications including Vogue, The Telegraph, Conde-Naste and Sheer-Luxe, Three Mile Beach is a is a collection of fifteen luxury self-catering beach houses nestled in Gwithian Towans on St Ives Bay. We’re on a mission to reinvent the holiday rental experience. We have the location. We have the beach houses. We now need Three Mile Beach people.
We’re on the lookout for talented people with specialist skills. That’s a given. We’re also on the hunt for teammates. Ones who muck in and help out. People who deliver cracking guest experiences and enjoy doing it. People who share ideas, chat to guests as well as teammates. If you want to be part of our fun, hard-working team who love where they work, we’d love to hear from you.
Three Mile Beach, one of the UK’s most exciting start-ups in 2021, is looking for an innovative and talented chefs to join their team. The role will focus on supporting the Head Chef with the serving of our Street Food menu from our brightly-coloured Street Food van, and preparing all dishes to the
This is a really exciting opportunity for someone to support the Head Chef in our Street Food kitchen, and have the opportunity to progress, learn & develop new and exciting dishes to keep our guests coming back for more.
- Support with the day to day running of the kitchen in a professional, cost effective and driven manner
- Maintain consistency of food preparation at all times.
- Ensure dishes are cooked, prepared, and served or plated to the highest standards possible on a consistent basis.
- Work closely and build solid relationships with suppliers to make sure that all products received are of the highest quality and as requested.
- Adhering to the highest levels of food hygiene and preparation.
- Check incoming goods and deliveries ensuring correct quantities and quality and stored in the right conditions.
- Contribute to the development of new dishes and menus.
- Liaise with the operations team where necessary in the planning and delivery of events.
Food and Kitchen Safety
- Undertake necessary food checks and probing in accordance with the relevant food hygiene and safety standards.
- Ensure that the standards of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the kitchen meet policy and our legal requirements.
- Ensure all policies, procedures and guidelines are carefully adhered to.
- Raise any concerns about food safety or hygiene to the Head Chef.
SKILLS & PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
- Professional Chef’s qualification or equivalent experience
- Current level 2 Food Hygiene certificate and H&S certificate including COSHH
- Experience of working within a high volume, high quality establishment
- Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of the hospitality sector.
- Well-rounded experience including experience of cooking in all the main sections/areas of a kitchen.
- Self-motivated and adaptable, with the ability to work on own initiative
- Willing to work to departmental methods and procedures
- Be an effective team player
- Customer focused with a can-do attitude
- Willing to help with tasks outside of day to day duties
- Be able to forward plan and organise your workload.
- Full, clean driving licence