Associate Structural Engineer
We are working with a long established and hugely successful multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy to help find them find an experienced Associate Structural Engineer to join their skilled structures team on a full time permanent basis.
They are searching for an engineer with the ability to take control of their own work and the confidence to brief and supervise a small team of engineers and CAD Technicians. The ideal candidate will also be expected to liaise and communicate with external professionals and clients.
- Preparation and checking of structural engineering designs and drawings, specifications, reports and general correspondence,
- Liaise & communicate with external professionals and clients,
- Represent the company at meetings and in writing when required and attend site to undertake surveys and inspections,
- Control the programmed performance of projects,
- Brief and supervise team members,
- Brief and supervise Technicians on the production of drawings.
- Preparation of structural reports on buildings and other structures.
- A Degree in Civil or structural engineering,
- Chartered or working towards chartered status via MICE advantageous,
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in the design of UK residential/commercial/industrial/ building structures,
- Ability to design structural members in structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, and timber,
- Understanding of soil mechanics and familiarity with the Site Investigation process, with particular reference to foundation design,
- Experience in using proprietary frame analysis software such as SCIA, CADS, etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills,
- Ability to manage own workload within agreed time scales.
In return the successful Senior Structural Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary & benefits package.
If you would like to know more about our client & this vacancy, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to apply.