Cleaning / Decontamination Operative - Entry Level Opportunity
Established in 2010, Medstrom has developed a strong reputation for providing a reliable, dedicated and trusted service to our partners, the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland.
We are a manufacturer of specialist hospital beds and manage over 25% of the UK’s acute bed and mattress fleet, working with more than 150 hospitals across the UK and Ireland.
Our business has grown organically since establishment and, despite the Covid pandemic, we have emerged with a stronger ethos and reputation. As such, we are continually growing and developing and can offer a great opportunities to develop with our business to support the long term security of everyone.
Guided by our core values of Respect, Teamwork, Excellence, Commitment, Integrity and Trust, our teams work closely together to support each other internally as well as providing a trusted service and partnership to our customers.
We’re now looking for a Cleaning / Decontamination Operative to join our team on a full-time, permanent basis.
- Annual salary of £19,000
- Annual bonus
- 30 days’ holiday including Bank Holidays
- Internal rewards programme offering discounts and cashback
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with great a desire to provide high quality service to develop and progress their career as part of our outstanding organisation.
So, if you are ready to embark on an exciting career opportunity, we’re waiting to hear from you.
As a Cleaning / Decontamination Operative, you will clean, maintain and support the delivery of our medical products to hospitals throughout London and the South based within our service centre in Ebbsfleet.
Whilst adhering to established infection control and quality processes, you’ll clean and test products, ensuring they are ready for patients to use, providing a high level of service to our internal technicians who will install products at customer sites.
Main duties will include:
- Delivering timely and appropriate service to customers
- Keeping inventory of products and spare parts
- Ensuring compliance with quality processes, both internal and external
- Cleaning, testing and repairing products and make ready for use
- Meeting daily product throughput targets
- Completing and recording electrical safety testing on products during tasks
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the workplace
- Completing daily/weekly activity reports
- Updating relevant IT systems
To be considered as a Cleaning / Decontamination Operative, you will need:
- Basic knowledge of hygiene and safety rules would be an advantage but not essential
- Basic PC skills to include email and MS Office
- The ability to work on your own initiative and follow procedures laid out by the business to achieve deadlines
- A proactive, ‘can do’ attitude with a flexible outlook
A full driving licence would be an advantage to support the wider team, but not essential as this role is site based. Experience within a hospital or caregiving environment would also be an advantage but is not essential.
Electrical safety testing qualification or certificate would be equally desirable but is not essential as full training will be provided.
We are looking for reliable and diligent individuals to join our team, we will provide all the necessary training, therefore we need you to bring the drive and commitment to support the collective success of the team. If you have this then we’d be delighted to receive your application.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in the healthcare industry and work with products that are supporting patients’ recovery. Previous experience is not required as full training will be provided.
Other organisations may call this role Cleaning Technician, Cleaning Operative, Trainee Cleaning Technician, Cleanliness Technician, Medical Cleaning Operative, Hospital Cleaner, or Cleaner.
Medstrom is an equal opportunities employer.
Working hours - 37.5 hours per week.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Cleaning Operative, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.