Driver - multiple
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex, GB, HA4 6NG
About the role
Here at Babcock International we’re looking to recruit multiple Drivers.
The purpose of your role is to carry out driving duties within the scope of current Road Traffic Legislation, Road Transport Law and Service Publications.
You’ll need to ensure that you read, sign as having read and understood and comply with all Local Operating Procedures and Work Instructions appropriate to your position in the Organisation. You’ll need to be aware of, and are to comply with, the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, all associated Regulations, Directives, Statutory Instruments and Approved Codes of Practice. This includes monitoring, compilation and maintenance of such records as are required to perpetuate a safe working environment.
- The refuelling, washing, vacuuming, checking of vehicle fluids and tyre condition of all vehicles as required. All vehicles to be completed to a high standard and signed for on completion.
- Ensure vehicle daily / weekly before, during and after use checks are carried out in iaw vehicle specifications and requirements.
- Ensure that all transport services driver and vehicle documentation is completed iaw relevant publications.
- Ensure that all vehicle defects are reported to Control Staff iaw legislation and service publications.
- As applicable the correct completion and maintenance of Driver Analogue Tachograph Discs and Driver Digital Cards. Handing in both sets of records on a weekly basis, i.e. on a Monday for download and analysis. You must also produce your Driver’s hour’s book to the Senior Transport Services Controller/Scheduler for checking and signature.
We have a strong team ethos in a fast paced aviation business with solid business credentials where we can off you stability and welfare in the workplace.
What do I need to do the role?
You’ll need the following current and valid Driving Licences:
- You must pass a Colour Perception test for aerodrome access and should be colour perception (CP) standard of CP2 (normal) or CP3 (defective safe).
- Passenger Carrying Vehicles (PCV) DVLA Licence Category D
- Large Goods Vehicles (LGV) DVLA Licence Category C
- Driver CPC PCV & LGV
- Digital tachograph card, with sound knowledge of Driver’s Hours Regulation in accordance with EU Directive 561/2006
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We’re committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You’ll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you’ve completed this you’ll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
Strength in Diversity
Advancing an inclusive and diverse Babcock
In Babcock, we are committed to equality of opportunity and we appreciate and value the benefit we get from the different life experiences of all of our colleagues. We will continually strive to improve the diversity within our organisation because we know we’re not representative of the society we work within and we want to change that. Although we have some way to go to achieve our ambitions, we want to continue to attract the best talent, no matter who they are or how they identify. This will ensure our culture is one centred around respect and inclusivity with people at the heart of what we do. Not because we are the same, but because we accept individuals for who they are and value their differences.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week’s special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing date: 25/07/2021