Accounts Assistant/Purchase Ledger PT
Accounts Assistant/Purchase Ledger/Part Time. North Leicester
Based in North Leicester, our client is looking for a bright, experienced and enthusiastic candidate to join their team on a Permanent basis. Being immediately available or on a short notice period, your role will report directly into the Financial Controller. The role will involve the following;
- Has a can-do attitude and is proactive about problem solving and finding solutions.
- A mature attitude and acknowledge the wider company points of view.
- Good communication skills, both internally and externally.
- Acts as a controller for all costs being incurred by the company via Purchase ledger.
- Matching of supplier invoices with purchase orders and obtain relevant authorization for non PO invoices.
- Accurate coding and processing of supplier invoices and credit notes.
- Close the Purchase ledger in a timely manner at month end.
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier accounts to supplier statements together with the resolution of any queries.
- Resolving supplier queries & seeking assistance where required,
- Allocate direct debits and ensure that the invoices for them are on the system prior to the monthly closing of the ledger.
- Perform weekly payment runs, including sending remittances to suppliers.
- Check the spend, code, and post expenses and company credit card expenses.
- Ownership of the purchase ledger function and maintenance of the creditor listing.
- Regular housekeeping on the suppliers, including set up new suppliers and making sure all information is up to date.
- Assisting with the yearly audit as needed with regard to the purchase ledger.
- Any other related ad hoc duties as required.
Essential to the role
- Ability to take ownership of the Purchase Ledger.
- To be aware of changes in the company and take action accordingly.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel and Sage 50.
- Ability to manage own time, work and be part of a team
In return, our client offers a friendly, professional working environment. Our client will consider 30 hours, with flexibility over 4 or 5 days, you decide.
So, if this sounds of interest, feel free to contact me for further information. Email firstname.lastname@example.org