3 days left
- Part Time
John Storer Charnwood
Location: Shepshed & Loughborough
Hours: 20 Hours per week
John Storer Charnwood is a charitable organisation, working to promote and achieve community activity and well-being.
We require a Co-ordinator for Shepshed Volunteer Centre to provide day to day management of the SVC office and Well-being Garden, including building security and maintenance, office services and monitoring and management of local cash and income procedures.
Day to day management of the Shepshed Volunteer Centre. Champion Volunteering, promote, recruit, train and support SVC volunteers. Coordinate and further develop established volunteer led services in Shepshed and local villages.
Social Car Scheme
Establish and Coordinate a Shepshed Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) Network and ensure that the network is represented at the Charnwood VCS Forum.
Work closely with JSC workers, other voluntary and Community groups and
agencies to identify emerging/unmet needs and develop innovative and sustainable community-based solutions.
Lead on Shepshed community events such as annual Open Gardens and Scare Sheep festival, ensuring community involvement and benefit. Promote community ownership whenever possible whilst maintaining responsibility for all legal and health and safety requirements.
Coordinate and empower the SVC fundraising group, ensuring that fundraising is effective and wherever possible also provides community benefit and impact.
Coordinate and support the SVC local Advisory Committee providing them with accurate and up to date reports on services and activities. Also provide reports and presentations to JSC management and Trustee Boards.
Maintain an effective “front door” to individuals who need wider support and services by signposting and referring them to JSC or other agency services. Keep partner information up to date.
- This role will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- In order for this role to be executed effectively, it will be an advantage if the post holder has a full driving licence and day to day use of a car.
- There will be an expectation that some occasional evening and weekend working may be necessary to undertake this role.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience working within a community development role or an ability to
- demonstrate transferable skills.
- Understanding of the range of voluntary activities affecting daily quality of life issues across communities, specifically in Shepshed and Charnwood.
- Experience of managing volunteers.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Be able to identify presenting issues and take appropriate action.
- Ability to manage competing tasks simultaneously and to prioritise them.
- Ability to deal with a number of complex enquiries simultaneously.
- Proven experience of working with people from a range of culturally diverse
- Experience of event management.
- Working knowledge of recording and compiling complex statistics, reports and impact and outcome measurements.
- Thorough working knowledge of Windows operating systems and software including Microsoft Office.