Active Outdoors Assistant
Can you deliver great active experiences in the outdoors? Do you love engaging with people and delivering excellent customer service? If so this role could be for you. Please be advised that this role is 3.5 days a week; typically Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday - further details will be discussed at assessment and interview.What it's like to work here
Attingham welcomes more than half a million visitors a year. Make no mistake, this is a busy and thriving place to be that is full of life and locally loved. The National Trust team here today conserve and care for the estate carrying on the legacy of the eighth Lord and Lady Berwick who left the estate to the National Trust in 1947.
Attingham welcomes everyone - our supporters, members, and visitors are vital in helping us continue our work. Whatever your role, you'll play your part in helping us build relationships and make connections with our regular visitors, those new to Attingham, and those yet to visit, so we can keep Attingham a special place now, and for everyone, and for ever. Attingham Park is arguably Shropshire's greatest estate.
Built in 1785 and owned by the same family for five generation, today it is around 4,000 acres in size, and at its heart is a mansion, parkland, walled garden, play space, deer park and various food and beverage and retail outlets.Click here for more information about this location What you'll be doing
As an Active outdoors Assistant you'll have a passion for delivering great active experience in the outdoors. You'll be instrumental in supporting the outdoor activity offer here at Attingham Park, helping as many people as possible engage with the outdoors and enjoy our beautiful places. You'll also be a part of our team helping to deliver the wider family summer programming onsite.
Combining your excellent customer service skills with knowledge and ability to instruct others in safe activity activities. You will help our visitors access our Active Outdoors offers as well as ensuring that equipment is maintained and stored appropriately. There will be a variety of duties which range from welcoming and engaging with visitors and families, providing great information about the property and the activities on offer, setting up equipment, measuring participation and generally supporting the property to enable its Active Outdoors offer to be the best visitors experience it can be.Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role you'll need to have;
- Experience of working in an outdoor setting delivering active experiences to visitors / general public.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Understanding of different access requirements and how to assist visitors and general public
- Experience of working with third party outdoor activity providers
Benefits of working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.