Service Desk Team Leader/Contact Centre Team Leader
We have a new and exciting role for an experienced Service Desk/Call Centre/Customer Services Team Leader, with excellent people management skills and ideally with some technical experience, to join an fantastic multinational IT organisation based in Peterborough.
You will come from either a IT services or call centre environment, with a passion for people and a good understanding of ticketing system stats and SLAs.
This is a contract role to begin with, working from home until at least summer of this year. Long term view to becoming permanent, and being based onsite when you return at some point in 2021.
The role requires strong people management and ideally previous technical skills. The ideal candidate would come from an IT Service Management/Call centre background, having experience managing large teams in of 1st line support staff/call centre, or customer service.
Leadership Responsibilities Service Desk Team/Call Centre Supervisor:
* Line management of a team of Service Desk Analysts, Support Specialists, Technical Engineers and Shift Leaders
* Ensure all team members understand theirs and companies expectations and deliverables of their roles.
* Develop and coach team members to improve performance and delivery of service.
* Identify and manage training and development needs in line with company procedures.
* Contribute to the maintenance and quality of the Knowledge Base
* Manage organisational change within team and department, including changes to procedures with regular comms in a timely manner
* Regular appropriate business communications to team
* Regular Team Meetings
* Bi annual appraisals, monthly one-to-ones, training and development plans
* Regular assessment of individual team member's performance and act to address conduct/capability issues in line with disciplinary procedures.
* Provide support and delivery teams with relevant information regarding service performance via meetings, telephone conferences, email or reports.
* Develop, grown and maintain professional working relationships with all internal stakeholders and customer equivalents
* Attend meetings with other Team Leaders and Operational Managers as required
* Team focused - a genuine passion for managing and leading individuals to deliver excellence through continuous development and improvement.
* Patient, tolerant and supportive leader
* Team Player - ability to work as part of a team to deliver operational excellence
* Influencer - able to remain positive at all times and influence those around you
* Good relationship management skills
* Driven, motivational, professional leader, with a 'can-do' attitude at all times
Process, Procedural and Contractual Attributes:
* Outstanding communicator (verbal and written) that can remain objective and emphatic whilst being able to deliver the message required.
Customer Service Attributes:
* Excellent proven organisational and customer service skills
* Ability to take ownership of and progress problems to resolution
* Analytical, with exceptional attention to detail
* Time management and prioritising skills to ensure delivery of service at all times
* Innovative thinking, in terms of service quality and improvements within the boundaries of company limits (resource, budgetary, legal etc.)
N.B role will require candidates to work 1 weekend in 6.
If you are a passionate people manager with the experience of working as a Call Centre or IT Service Desk Team Leader please apply now!
In applying for this position, you consent to your personal data being shared with the specified employer and for your details to remain with GTS for as long as is necessary to process your application. See our Privacy Notice for full information
Global Technology Solutions is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.