Technical Sales Specialist Molecular Food Safety
Job Title: Technical Sales Specialist, Molecular Food Protection
Reports To: European Food Protection Leader
Career Band: VI
Job Track: Professional
Position Location: In territory UK
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Day/Shift (if applicable): N/A
FLSA Status (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Exempt
- Acquisition of new customers in the Food Protection Market.
- Complete responsibility for Molecular Food Protection - in supporting adequate implementation of solution at customer site, (instruments, kits, consumables and services) as for the achievement of revenue plan.
- Responsible for providing, in a timely and professional manner, all technical activities to contribute to the success of the business.
- Cooperate and coordinate with regional Sales Manager and team.
- Ensure complete customer satisfaction by coordinating on-site technical support such as lab setup consultancy, demonstrations, implementation programs, training, troubleshoot, remote follow up, technical support and documentation
- Effectively perform your duties whilst acting at all times in accordance with the Dignity at Work Policy, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and our values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Drive all existing and develop new sales opportunities within the territory to meet and exceed targets. Provide accurate forecast and lost order reporting as well as competitive information.
- Use synergies of molecular and microbial product range to increase business by engaging with the Sales Team and communicating with Sales Leaders in the territory
- Play major role in preparing & delivering/performing Technical Sales Tasks to support the strategies of presales operations (demonstrations, evaluation program, implementation, joint visits, and seminars/lectures/workshops).
- Be responsible for maintaining up to date technical expertise and develop profound domain knowledge, generate customer reference sites, and become strong internal voice of customer. Provide feedback on technical problems and their respective solutions. Share expertise and knowledge amongst the team.
- Be responsible for resolving customer complaint and gather, analyze, and deliver information from the field to regional and European Sales & Marketing on competitive activity, market conditions and product opportunities.
- Work with SFDC for data management such as reporting, forecasting, etc.
Physical demands / Work Environment
- Work is either performed in the field and the environment varies from driving conditions to visits on customer sites, in laboratories working with low hazard chemicals, automated instrumentation and computer equipment.
- Education in molecular biology or comparable education in appropriate science subject with relevant experience, ideally in the food industry
- Sales experience in B2B market
- High degree of technical competence & confidence
- Well organized individual with ability to establish business objectives
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in English language
- 50 - 75% travel within the role.
Key Competencies required for role
- Customer focus
- Team spirit
- Presentations skills