Logistics Operations Administrator
About the role
My client is currently looking for a reliable, self-motivated candidate, who will be willing to learn and work as part of a team. The company is known for the excellent and flexible all-round services offered to customers the Operations Team is key to this service. The applicant will be fully trained in all aspects of Logistics Support and the processing of documentation - including airfreight, sea freight, road freight, pallets and courier.
They will learn how to use our operating systems, how to arrange transportation of goods, obtain quotations, process documents and deal with queries. All applicants shall have their progress reviewed regularly, and successful applicants would then be considered to be part of the permanent operations team at the end of their initial one-year probation. Other opportunities are also available within the company, and other group companies with five offices located in the South of England.
- Liaising with drivers, warehouse staff and the sales team
- Booking in all deliveries with customers
- Ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed relating to customers
- First point of contact for customers, handling customer queries via phone or email
- Providing excellent Customer Service
- Planning and organising deliveries
- Processing all purchase orders
- Liaising with suppliers & preparing quotes
- A background in administrative support and office duties is essential
- Microsoft Office experience
- Exceptional organisational skills and an inherent ability to prioritise
- Excellent time keeping with the capacity to effectively work to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Attention to detail essential
- Team player with a positive 'can do' attitude
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.