Technical Manager - Food Manufacturing Poultry/ Meat
Job Title: Technical Manager
Salary: GBP50,000 - GBP60,000 per annum
Job type: Permanent, Full-Time
Gafoor is a dynamic and rapidly growing family-owned business in Preston and are a key player in their sector operating on a national basis.
We are currently looking for an experienced Technical Manager who will take on the responsibility for maintaining and continuously improving the Quality Management System across the field to folk operation. The operation involves the full cycle from live intake through to distribution of finished and packed product from the company's manufacturing sites in Preston, employing 300 team members
Responsible for food safety, quality and legality the successful candidate will be the point of contact for all Technical, Environmental, QA and Hygiene functions onsite.
If you are seeking the chance to join a well-established company who will offer you a rewarding career, then send your CV in for immediate consideration.
- Responsible of the maintain the AA BRC, Red Tractor and all other audit standard
- As a member of the management team, participates in and influence the development and implementation of site strategies
- Provide direction and influence for the development, implementation and continuous improvement of all quality systems
- Assure that all products produced at the site are safe for consumption and conform to the intended product specification. This includes being responsible for change management and process improvement as the Quality Champion
- In partnership with the wider team, supports the site implementation of all new products, line extensions and continuous quality improvement projects including the effective execution of line trials and execution of process capability evaluations
- Manage the internal audit calendar and function for the factory and assure the effectiveness of the corrective and preventative action process
- Direct, plan and implement traceability testing and monitoring
- Accountable for HACCP & food safety training for the facility to ensure compliance and execution of required programs
- The site lead for audits and contact with FSA, EA and onsite OVS
- Ensure improvement plans for customer complaints and non-conformances
- Provide technical support to QA, production & commercial as and when required
- Degree in food science or equivalent with significant experience in quality and food safety
- Exceptional delivery of Technical standards in a large food manufacturing environment
- Experience in leading a team and inspiring success
- Experience of delivering change programmes in a large and busy site
- Excellent stakeholder management experience with strong communication skills and the ability to show best practice and challenge decisions where necessary
- You will be able to work in a collaborative manner being flexible in your approach
- You will have an appreciation of the safety, legal compliance and quality aspects of products in the defined area and a clear understanding of their related technologies coupled with specialised technical understanding of manufacturing/produce knowledge in food
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer software skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Auditing skills
- Analytical problem solving skills
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Due to the nature of the role the company is not able to offer sponsorship so you must already possess the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; QHSE Manager, Food Safety Inspector, Food Safety Auditor, SHEQ Coordinator, Health and Safety Auditor, Food Safety Assessor, Quality Manager, Quality Assurance Lead, Food Safety Supervisor, Quality Auditor, Continuous Improvement Manager and Quality Assurance Manager may also be considered for this role.