Factory Manager - Food Manufacturing Poultry/ Meat
Job Title: Factory Manager
Salary: Circa GBP60,000 per annum
Job type: Permanent, Full-Time
Gafoor is a dynamic and rapidly growing family-owned business in Preston and are a key player in their sector operating on a national basis.
We are currently looking for an experienced Factory Manager with a strong background in FMCG food manufacturing, specifically field to folk poultry/ meat processing. This role has been created as a result of continued growth and further expansion plans for the future.
If you are seeking the chance to join a well-established company at an exciting stage in their growth, send your CV in for immediate consideration.
About the role:
The operation involves the full cycle from live intake through to distribution of finished and packed product from the company's manufacturing sites in Preston, employing 300 team members. The successful candidate will require a flexible approach to their working hours in order to oversee and provide direction for teams working on a range of shift patterns and occasionally at weekends.
The overall focus of the role will be to ensure the smooth running of the factory, ensuring organisational effectiveness by providing strong leadership to the factory teams, while ensuring the delivery of the factory P&L. Working with the cross functional management team, the position will also contribute to the development and implementation of organisational strategies, policies and practices.
- Responsibility for the operational team
- Have a "hands-on" approach to all operational aspects of the business
- Develop internal relationships to inspire confidence in manufacturing and NPD capability
- Forecast requirements and manage expenditures; analyse variances; initiating corrective actions
- Drive productivity improvements in all areas of operation
- Continue to drive a safe working environment by ensuring that all standards of the Health and Safety Policy, Environment Policy are adhered to
- Support the introduction of new products and changing specifications into the business in line with the customer requirements
- Ensure all quality standards are embedded throughout the business, monitored and achieved
- Ensure product delivery is made to the customer on time and to the required standard.
- Develop and agree budgets for all areas of responsibility
- Be an active member of the company's leadership team and play a key role in shaping the day to day management and culture of the wider team
- Proven leadership skills in a large manufacturing operation with a multicultural workforce
- Proven track record of achieving results
- A comprehensive understanding of manufacturing processes, enabling the development of a medium and long term continuous performance improvement strategy, covering all aspects of the operation
- Significant experience operating to BRC standards
- The skills to act as a mentor in developing potential in other business functions and managers
- Proven ability to forecast requirements, analyse and understand variances
- The ability to influence and lead the operations team through periods of growth and change
- A commercial outlook with excellent numerical capability
- Understanding of UK labor laws and ability to challenge under performance
- Proficient in MS Office; preferably with knowledge of CRM systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Problem-solving and decision-making
Due to the nature of the role the company is not able to offer sponsorship so you must already possess the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Food Production Manager, FMCG Food Manufacturing Manager, Operations Manager, Production Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Production Controller, General Manager, may also be considered for this role.