Location: Larbert, FK5 4NQ.
Contract: Full time, 2-year contract.
James Jones & Sons Ltd is one of the UK's largest and most progressive timber processing companies with core activities in timber harvesting, haulage, and sawmilling. We operate five sawmills throughout Scotland: an engineered wood manufacturing plant in the north of Scotland and pallet and packaging operations at 16 sites across the UK. We produce high quality, British-grown timber for the UK construction, landscaping, and agricultural sectors; market-leading JJI-Joists for the housebuilding and construction markets and pallets and packaging for blue-chip domestic and exporting businesses.
The Systems Accountant vacancy is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant to get involved in one of Scotland's most successful businesses. The newly created position is required due to expansion of the group and a necessity to review current financial systems in place.
Travel across various sites will be required to understand the current financial systems and operations as well as meet key personnel in the group.
You will become fully integrated in the business across different divisions and operational functions, understanding the key drivers and communicating financial impacts of outcomes in a timely manner to decision makers. This will involve questioning the norm and challenging current processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
The Systems Accountant position requires an individual who has the drive to make improvements across the business.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
• Qualified accountant (CA, ACCA, CIMA)
• Experience of training staff on new systems, processes and procedures
• Project management skills
• Experience in end-to-end system implementations
• Experience in working with accounting & ERP system providers to scope and implement improvements to current processes and systems
• Team player who is proactive and able to use initiative
• Experience in preparing high level project budgets to provide a business case for approval
• Confidence to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders at all levels
• Work with Group Finance Controller to develop strategic plans to meet the current needs of the business and future development
• Assist in the roll out and development of accounting systems within the group
• Deliver improvements to systems aligned with company strategy
• Improve productivity of business operations through continuous improvement of our business systems and improve our existing systems
• Demonstrate good interpersonal skills to establish credibility of
• our people throughout all levels of the business
• Experience of Microsoft Navision preferred but not essential
• You should be able to demonstrate the above skills and have experience of working in a similar role.
• You must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK without the need for Sponsorship.
Competitive salary, Life Assurance Cover, Annual bonus plus enhanced contributory pension scheme.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply today!
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in a telephone interview and if successful will be invited to attend an Interview at Larbert.