Repairs Triage Technician
The Repairs Triage Technician will be responsible for processing all equipment in need of repair into and out of the repairs workshop.
- Processing repair items on and off repair tickets as they are received and fixed.
- Using RT Pro stock control system to identify when repairs are chargeable to a production and marking them as such.
- Aiding the repairs administrator in pricing billable repairs as early and accurately as possible.
- Preparing equipment to be sent to external suppliers for repair.
- Using RT pro stock control system to identify where all repair stock is located either within MBS or at external repair suppliers, returning repaired items to stock.
- Understanding the priorities of the incoming repair stock and highlighting any priority items to the repairs supervisor.
- Liaising with colleagues in the accounts department on equipment returning from productions with known faults.
- Liaising with colleagues in the prep departments to ensure damaged equipment is processed in good time upon return.
- Liaising with the Inventory Manager about retiring stock which is beyond economical repair.
- Ensure the repairs triage area is always maintained in an efficient and organised manner with all equipment easily accessible and identifiable.
- Work with the Technical Manager to ensure all operations are risk assessed and control measures are being adhered to.
- Must be IT literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to learn the MBS stock control inventory system (Rental tracker Pro)
- Must be able to confidently communicate with internal colleagues and external suppliers
- Be able to build strong working relationships with colleagues
- To be able to work under pressure to changing deadlines
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required
- Be willing to help in other departments when time allows to fulfil orders
- Self-motivated and organised with the ability to plan workload and keep track of multiple jobs
- Experience in the lighting industry is desirable but not essential
- An interest in the lighting industry for film, television and live events in desirable
About MBS Lighting
MBS Lighting is a world leading provider of lighting equipment and associated facilities to the film and television production industry, including the exclusive supply of service and support at Pinewood's UK studios. Our service combines decades of experience with an unrivalled collection of cutting-edge production solutions that embrace both the conventional and the very latest in advanced lighting technology. Through ongoing investment in people and products we have created one of the industry's premier lighting rental resources, perfectly placed to service any production type anywhere in the world.