Home Ownership Manager
Home Ownership Manager
Salary £44,373.00 per annum + essential car user allowance
12 month fixed term contract
Closing Date: 13th July 2021
You will be someone who is passionate about housing and joining an excitingly progressive organisation. You will have a background in managing leasehold and shared ownership properties including service charge work. You will be able to work collaboratively with operational teams to deliver positive solutions. settle aims to resolve challenges by applying a collaborative and flexible approach, you will embody and champion this approach and you will have the ability to deal with service charge queries and the issue of service charges; manage a wide range of leasehold management functions and ensure managing agents provide good services. You will work closely and collaboratively with the operational teams and customer contact team, to create a joined up service for our home ownership residents, that offers an easy to access customer centred service.
Making it happen
- Be the business lead for service charges across all tenures and be responsible for managing the operational home ownership team.
- You will monitor managing agent costs and contract costs for services provided to our properties.
- Assist colleagues with works and procurement to ensure the recovery of associated service charge costs.
- Be the business lead for S20 consultation with leaseholders.
- Support and provide training to our neighbourhood officers to build capacity and knowledge to deal with service charge queries and services to all tenures.
- Build excellent relationships with the operational teams to provide an effective approach to service charges.
- Oversee the management of customer and solicitor enquiries relating to leasehold and shared ownership properties.
- Ensure compliance with lease terms.
- Provide support and advice across the business on lease terms and associated queries.
A basic must!
- A strong working knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework regarding service charges and leasehold management.
- Good practical knowledge and experience of home ownership, leasehold management and service charge work.
- Work as an integral member of the Housing Management Team, shaping the operational identity of the organisation.
- A proactive and engaging approach to work with operational teams to build service charge and leasehold management expertise and capacity within the business.
In 2003 the council homes in North Hertfordshire were transferred to a new housing association with the aim of improving tenants’ homes and creating the capability to build more affordable housing.
In 2018 we became settle. The change reflects how we have evolved as an organisation with a clear identity and a passion for delivering more high-quality affordable homes. As the name suggests we want customers to be able to settle – to find somewhere they can establish themselves, create a life, a community and prosper.
Getting the basics right, creating a great customer experience and delivering new homes to meet local needs are what makes settle a great housing association. This doesn’t happen by chance – we focus on neighbourhoods, helping with employment and support and by tackling loneliness.
The commitment, passion and care that our colleagues demonstrate every day is what makes us special. We are proud to work in social housing, we care deeply about the lives of our tenants and how we can help, and we are committed to making settle the housing association in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Health care cash plan
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Counselling sessions
- Training and development opportunities
- Flexible working
- Corporate performance pay award