Support Worker - Bournemouth
Support Worker / Care Worker
Part time - 36 hours
Full driving licence essential
We are recruiting Support Worker to be part to be part of a team supporting a 33 year old male with a diagnosis of mild Learning Disability, Autism, severe anxiety and challenging behaviour.
He has moved into his home and is enjoying spending his time crafting, shopping and listening to music. He will need support with all daily living tasks and to overcome any challenges he may encounter in his new home.
If you are an active, resilient, well-motivated person who enjoys a new challenge then this could be the career for you. We are looking for individuals who share the same interests, have a fun outlook on life and can think outside the box.
A full UK/ EU driving licence is an essential requirement of the role.
Shift pattern - The role involves working alternate weekends and may include the requirement to undertake sleep ins. Hours will vary on a weekly bases. For example - From 7am - 3pm / 2pm - 10pm / long days etc. This will be discussed at shortlisting / Interview stage.
You will receive extensive training including training in physical intervention to ensure you are equipped in understanding the correct ways to respond, cope and react to difficult situations. , full induction to Dimensions and support with completion of the Care Certificate to enable you to fulfil the role and enhance your personal development.
For more information about the service and people we support, please contact Alice on .
We believe anyone has the potential be a great support worker, no matter your background, as long as you share our values; respect, partnership, courage, ambition and integrity - that's why we recruit based on values and not skills or experience. For more information on our values based recruitment click here
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on or email.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.