Data Governance Consultant
Job Title: Data Governance Consultant
Salary: Up to GBP45,000K
Our Leeds based client are on a journey to expand their Information Management and Design team to transform the business into a modern, data-driven organisation.
As their new Senior Data Governance Consultant you'll be a key member and important intermediary between the data owners, data consumers and the broader BI Information Management and Design Team.
What will I be doing?
- Review data quality issues, data flows, perform analysis, document in governance catalogues, recommend fixes where issues found, and/or report timely any breaches of thresholds to Data Owners, Data Consumers.
- Document and manage data lineage.
- Maintain master, meta and reference data definitions.
- Implement data quality rules on behalf of business stakeholders in the context of data quality.
- Administer and assure IMD RSCA controls and IMD governance tools
- Maintain the report catalogue.
- Collaborate with data owners, data stewards, business users and Information Management team members and IT support staff.
- Assist the Tools and Governance Manager.
What do I need?
- Good understanding of the data development life cycle. (E)
- Sound understanding of the data analysis, transformations, mapping and profiling. (E)
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management abilities including senior stakeholders. (E)
- Understanding of data stores and flow of data between systems and within BI solutions. (E)
- Knowledge of using BI technologies. (D)
- Knowledge of Information Governance Tools. (D)
To apply for this role or for further information please send your CV to (see below) or call
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.