Network Engineer - Cisco, Palo Alto, Windows Server, SDWAN
My client has a specific need for an experienced Network Engineer to play a key role in driving the automation and enhancement of core network services as part of a transition to a modern hybrid-Cloud estate in Azure. There will also be a focus on improving the quality and efficiency of the current network environment and the traditional on-prem platforms (Cisco/Palo Alto/VMware/Windows). This role will involve both Network and Windows Server projects so Windows Server experience is essential.
Network Engineer Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop and improve the core network infrastructure environment (Cisco/Palo Alto)
- Play a key role in helping to migrate the network and infrastructure environment to hybrid-Cloud (VMware/Windows/Azure)
- Deliver hands-on technical solutions to improve the overall quality of network and infrastructure builds with a focus on resilience, stability, performance and security
- Use configuration management tools and repositories to ensure a scalable, highly available network infrastructure
Network Engineer Skills and Experience:
- Significant track record in providing IT Network Engineering solutions, ideally to both on-prem and Cloud environments
- Hands-on network design skills across the Cisco and Palo Alto equipment range
- Strong Windows Server build, management and administration experience is essential
- Networking engineering skills including SDWAN, micro-segmentation, Firewalls and Switches (Cisco and Palo Alto)
- Experience of IT infrastructure support including hosting, storage, backups, networks, voice etc
The role would suit an IT Network and Infrastructure Engineer with expertise in network design, support and implementation, as well as a good knowledge of Wintel technologies and virtualisation (VMware, hypervisors). This is a collaborative, open environment so the ability to communicate effectively will be beneficial.
Essential Recruitment is a specialist IT recruitment business with an in-depth understanding of the rapidly-changing nature of the Tech market. We build long-term relationships with our clients and candidates based on our core values of Trust, Integrity and Delivery