Job title: Customer Advisor
Hours: Full time
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: GBP19,011 plus bonus (GBP925 on target)
You'll be helping customers who are having problems with their services. Each call can be very different. You might be helping people to understand their bills, getting them back online when their connection goes down or talking them through our products and how to use them.
It's not an easy job. There, we said it. Customers can be frustrated or angry that they've lost their connection or their bill is higher than expected. So it'll be your job to calm the situation, ease the tension and get the problem solved. We also use lots of different systems so you'll need to be confident with technology.
You'll need to be someone who is:
- able to get on well with people
- confident to have difficult conversations
- respectful of other people's point of view
- not easily upset or offended by others
- able to think quickly and be calm in stressful situations
- genuinely motivated to help people and solve problems
We'll give you all the training you need. When you start you'll get 12 weeks training on our products and services, systems and processes, and handling real customer calls. You'll have people around you to support you, regular coaching and training updates to make sure you're always at the top of your game.
What's in it for you?
You'll be joining one of the UK's most exciting telecommunications companies with a very bright future. We're one of the Sunday Times' top 6 best big companies to work for and we offer a huge range of benefits to all our colleagues.
From day one you'll get:
- Generous discounts on broadband
- BT TV, BT Sport and Now TV for GBP5
- 30% off BT mobile packages and handsets for you, your friends and family
- Generous salary and bonuses
- 25 days' paid holidays
- Incentives and recognition for your performance
- Full training, ongoing coaching and support
- Employee rewards hub saving you GBPGBPGBP on products/services you normally buy
- Great pension (up to 9% employer contributions) and share schemes
- Opportunities to progress your career across the business
- Paid days off to volunteer with charities or causes important to you
- Job satisfaction; knowing you're helping the country stay connected
Generally, our centres are open between 8am and 10pm, 365 days a year including bank holidays. Shifts could be any time during these hours. Whilst we'll give you notice of your shifts in advance you'll need to be available during these hours.
At BT, we're creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of the community.