Credit Control Collector
NHS Shared Business Services is a unique partnership between Sopra Steria and the Department of Health. We provide crucial corporate back office services to NHS organisations.
We are market leaders in corporate service delivery with around 40% of the NHS using one or more of our products. With unrivalled knowledge and experience, we provide high-quality, value-for-money finance, procurement and employment services to the NHS, helping them overcome any challenges they face in the back office.
We work closely with NHS organisations all over the country to replace outdated, time-consuming and error-prone paper processes, with affordable digital systems and more efficient ways of working, and in addition to our core services, we are designing and developing innovative digital technologies and piloting brand new ways of working, which further improve efficiency and quality, and better support the NHS workforce to deliver world-class patient care.
We are passionate about using our expertise to save the NHS time and money and are more relevant today than ever before.
The day job
We have an exciting opportunity for a number of Credit Controllers to join our Collections team. The ideal person will have previous experience in a debt recovery or credit control environment as you will be responsible for the timely collection of invoiced income that is due to our NHS Clients.
If you're hardworking, enthusiastic and enjoy working to targets, this could be the perfect role for you or someone you know!
- You will work as part of a large team collecting overdue debts by telephone and email
- Effective daily contact with NHS SBS clients, debtors and departmental stakeholders
- Contribute to improving the organisations client Net Promoter Score
- Responsible for the management and resolution of client queries, with escalation support from the Collections Team Leader or Collections SME
- Proactively review Client Debt reports with the Debt SME
- Ensure security, integrity, and confidentiality of all data
You need to have:
- Experience of working in a debt recovery or credit control position
- Can demonstrate being able to thrive in a target driven environment
- Ability to build effective and positive relationships whilst delivering a high standard of customer service
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to challenge where appropriate NHS Clients and their debtors
- Seek to solve problems and suggest solutions before having to escalate them
- Attention to detail is essential as all debtor interaction must be recorded for audit purposes
It would be great if you had:
- Understanding of the importance of data security in the services provided
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we're looking for, please do apply, we'd love to hear from you!