People & Development Lead
About the role
An exciting opportunity has become available at Maria Mallaband Care Group for a People and Development Lead to join the team on a Fixed Term basis.
We are looking for an experienced HR professional to play a pivotal role in finding, recruiting, training, and retaining a team of specialist staff.
The People & Development Lead will be supporting two of our luxury care homes located in Yorkshire. The purpose of this role is to grow, develop and induct a dynamic staff team. Our People & Development Lead will assist the Manager in all aspects of people strategy, from attracting the best people, maintain retention through training and nurturing their talent, developing and delivering a tailored induction, to implementing initiatives to spark the excitement and creativity within the team.
*Due to the travel involved in this role, package includes company car/ car allowance
- Promote the Company Mission Statement at all times.
- To oversee the initial recruitment of all care home staff alongside the Home Manager.
- Take the lead and oversee the onboarding and implement a welcoming induction process for all new staff.
- Work alongside the Home Manager to build a professional and focused team who are motivated to deliver warm and sincere care and hospitality.
- To support the management team to continually improve the effectiveness of the training and development.
- Ensure all employee records are accurate and up to date.
- To develop and implement initiatives together with the Home Manager to support, employee communication, employee engagement and retention.
In return for all of this you will receive a competitive salary package plus:
- Training support and development opportunities
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Fully funded training
- Perkbox - a range of discounts and free monthly offers for a variety of high street shops and restaurants
- Car through salary sacrifice
- Cycle to Work scheme
- NEST pension plan
- Nurse and carer referral scheme
- Rewards for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service
- Annual staff recognition through MMCG Care Awards
"Maria Mallaband Care Group's main priority is the welfare and wellbeing of its residents and staff. We have therefore adopted a Group wide policy across all our Homes requiring all new staff to confirm they are willing to receive a [Covid-19] vaccine. Prior to commencing employment, the successful applicant will be required to confirm in writing that they are happy to consent to receiving a Covid Vaccine when available, in accordance with the Government's UK wide vaccination programme and that they are not aware of any reason why they would should not consent. We are happy to answer any queries any applicant might have about this policy."Head Office
Care is at the heart of what we do here at Maria Mallaband Care Group. We're an established family-run care provider, and we deliver care to over 3,500 residents across our 80+ care homes nationwide.
Our mission is to be the best quality; most highly regarded Care Provider in the United Kingdom and our vision is to create a home from home environment for both residents and staff.
We are committed to being an Investors in People employer, which means that we continually invest in your personal training and development. MMCG is a place where your career truly starts to grow.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Interested? Just click apply! Or if you have any further questions before applying you can contact the recruitment team at [email protected] or you can call us at .
You can find out more about life at MMCG on Facebook and Twitter:
Please be aware this vacancy may close earlier than the advertised closing date if sufficient applications have been received.
Maria Mallaband Care Group