Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain Manager
Our client operates in over 70 countries and is one of the world's largest hand tool manufacturers, responsible for many respected brands. They remain essentially a family of small, highly skilled companies committed to providing rapid, flexible and dependable service to their customers.
Employing more than 2500 employees, across 16 sites, and with a product range in excess of 16,000 items (the widest range of any European tool manufacturer), the company goes from strength to strength. They are the preferred choice for professionals in a diverse range of industry sectors across the globe.
They are looking to hire a Supply Chain Manager to assist with the business's growth.
- To organise the safe and efficient storage and distribution of goods.
- To ensure that all relevant functions of production are fulfilled correctly and efficiently.
- Manage supply chain to; Balancing the conflicting requirements of availability, cost and cash invested in inventory, Maintain high levels of availability whilst minimising cash invested in stocks and total acquisition costs.
- Ensure suppliers orders are produced to cost, design, and quality controls and delivered on time.
- Ensuring constant supply of material and bought out components to allow work to flow smoothly through the factory
- Co-ordinate with the factory to ensure orders are assembled efficiently, too schedule and required standards
- Plans, manages, and coordinates all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of necessary materials and supplies needed to meet the changing levels of product demand.
- Works directly with sales department to determine most cost-effective distribution solution for finished goods transportation to customers.
- Work with sales team on scheduling of production of stock and bespoke projects to ensure timely deliveries.
- Leads the supply chain team in executing best practices and measuring performance?
- Analysis costs to ensure profit margins are maintained.
- Process all new suppliers, assemblies, purchase orders and deliveries into the system
- Keep system updated with all stock control and process requirements
- Work with design team on new and existing products to ensure cost, quality and production controls are in place
- To ensure that all compliance and Health and safety issues are dealt with efficiently, effectively and accurately.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have a minimum of 10 years' experience in supply chain.
- S&OP process implementation would be an advantage.
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar role, preferably with a background in manufacturing
- Experience in managing a team in a manufacturing environment.
- An understanding of materials, production and assembly processes.
- Extensive knowledge of end to end supply chain processes
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Experience with a task management system
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
If this role is of interest to you, please submit an application with your current CV.