We're looking for a Head Chef to join our team here at Chartwell. Are you customer and team focused with a passion for food? Do you think you can lead a team to be successful in providing good quality food under pressure? If so, this role could be for you.
The Hours: This is a full time permanent position working 37.5 hours a week - 5 out of 7 days including weekends - working hours will be 8-4pm.
The Salary: GBP25612 - GBP28500 dependent on experience.What it's like to work here Chartwell was the much-loved Churchill family home and the place from which Sir Winston drew inspiration from 1924 until the end of his life. Many of the rooms remain the same as when the Churchill family lived at Chartwell and today it is our job to share the stories of their lives here as well as care for this much-loved home and their cherished possessions. The team at Chartwell ensure that visitors have a great time at this property, and create events to delve further into the life of Sir Winston Churchill.
Click here for more information about this locationWhat you'll be doing
With your love of food and your appetite to provide an exceptional service to your customers you'll deliver delicious food prepared by your team using the National Trust Cookbook framework. You'll make a visit to our Food & Beverage outlet an integral part of the visitor experience and it will be your responsibility to ensure each dish is fresh, tasty and beautifully presented every time.
The National Trust Cookbook provides our properties with core menus working towards our food strategy of linking food to our relationships with special places. Working with the Food & Beverage Management team you'll use your creativity to develop delicious menus, using local produce where available, that adapt to the seasons, to delight visitors with our spirit of place and provide great value for money. You'll be constantly seeking and developing new income opportunities, working to achieve financial targets and increase margins by minimising waste and controlling costs and resources.
Through effective people management and leadership, and with the National Trust ethos at the forefront of your mind, you'll motivate the team of staff and volunteers to strive for a culture of exceptional service and make it a great place to work. You'll ensure everyone has the necessary training and is compliant with relevant legislation and internal processes including food hygiene and COSHH procedures.
Please also read the full role profile, attached to this advert.Who we're looking for
With your passion for food and excellent people management skills, you'll work with and lead your team to deliver exceptional customer service.You need to be;
- Customer focused with great verbal and written communication skills
- An experienced people manager including setting personal objectives and providing feedback
- Qualified in food preparation and cooking to City & Guilds or NVQ L3 or equivalent
- Experience of successfully developing a fast paced, catering outlet to achieve performance targets
- A track record of delivering exceptional customer service
- A good working knowledge of Health & Safety compliance requirements including any qualifications
- A proven track record of managing budgets
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.