Systems Engineer (Networks & Security)
A well-established software company is actively seeking an experienced IT systems engineer to manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure for all managed customers. Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools whilst proactively ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
You'll be maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations. Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required. Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows and/or UNIX/Linux based environments.
- Experience in the administration and performance tuning of Networks, Operating Systems, Storage devices and applications including SQL Databases.
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in Azure (IaaS and PaaS)
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office 365 and InTune.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (eg, VMware)
- Experience with monitoring systems (eg LogicMonitor, Solarwinds, PRTG etc.)
- Experience with automation software would be desirable
- Solid networking knowledge and experience with Cisco, Sophos and Palo-Alto (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Ability to travel within the UK and work flexibly
If you would be interested in the Systems Engineer role, or you know of someone who would then please get in touch.