Development Team Manager
Development Team Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established Witney based business, specialising in the supply of software as a service and commercial applications. Quality is fundamental to us, as is expectations to achieve total customer satisfaction through the distribution robust software and great customer service.
We are looking for a Manager for our growing Development Team. Reporting directly to the CTO, you'll lead a cross-functional team that's responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
The role can be offered on a Part Time basis (25 hours per week) or Full Time (37.5 hrs per week).
As an experienced manager of software development teams and technologies, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should be able to identify areas for improvement and the ability to guide the team to execute effective change programs.
You need to be familiar with Agile methodologies and comfortable using tools like JIRA.
- Owning the processes and leading improvement of the core development related activities from design through to release
- Working with other team members to ensure processes support the effective transition of projects into and through delivery phases
- Actively working with development team members, architects and team leaders to identify, trial and implement process improvement ideas
- Contribution to the future direction of our products and systems through the Systems Strategy and system roadmaps
- Facilitating the translation of system roadmaps and strategy through projects system and solution designs
- Providing support to and a point of escalation for project teams when undertaking tasks within development phases
- Providing ongoing support to ensure the continued personal development of direct reports
- Supporting management of and planning for the team programme of work
- Supporting project resource scheduling and team capacity planning
- Contribution to the definition of team strategy and progression of any allocation strategic objectives
- Significant practical experience leading and managing the delivery of system development projects with formal project management qualifications beneficial
- Well versed in a variety of software development approaches including Agile
- Led on the design of bespoke software solutions at both architectural and implementation levels
- Implemented bespoke B2B software solutions
- Experienced in requirements definition and analysis, and process development and improvement
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills
- Strong people management skills, the ability to lead and influence others
- Excellent personal organisation skills including the ability to prioritise and successfully carry out multiple complex tasks at one time
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Able to influence and drive projects to meet key milestones and overcome challenges
- Confident working independently and leading initiatives without routine supervision