Trainee Accounts Assistant
Trainee Accounts Assistant required to join the Head Office of an Internationally successful company based in High Wycombe.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller you will ensure that financial information and documents are accurately captured, processed, and controlled to meet accounting terms and deadlines, and production of timely business and management information.
- Continual review and management of document scanning error logs and queries from suppliers, ensuring timely resolutions
- Perform day to day management of all payment cycle activities, using the company accounting solution, reviewing supporting documentation where relevant, in accordance with the approved processes
- Posting of cashbook entries and processing weekly payment runs for various entities
- Verifying bank details, reviewing agreed payment terms, and setting up new suppliers and accurately accounting for VAT
- Updating and maintaining cash flow forecasts
- Assist with month end processes and procedures including preparation of month end journals and reconciliations for general ledger accounts relating to accounts payable, including aged creditors, prepayments, and accruals
- Verify supplier accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Assisting in the creation and submission of statutory returns including VAT returns
- Contributing to, and attendance at, team specific projects
- Embrace change agenda - be an enthusiastic advocate of change
- Preferably 2 years previous transactional processing experience in AP
- Understanding/experience of working in a finance department and to be part of a busy team.
- Able to take initiative to implement or improve processes, tools and skills
- Proactive, with the ability to solve problems and drive tasks through to completion
- Able to establish immediate impact and credibility
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail while working under pressure
- Numerate and analytical/ IT literate (Excel, Word, Outlook & MS Teams are all a must)
- Excellent communication skills and able to interact at all levels within the business
- The ability to train other members of staff when required
- Able to work under pressure, prioritise and adhere to agreed timescales and deadlines
- Able to take ownership and accountability
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
You will receive excellent training and a competitive salary in a company that supports the development of the individual and offers career progression opportunities.