Are you a qualified Accountant looking for your next opportunity, do you want to work for an organisation that makes a real difference to peoples lives? Reed have partnered with this well known organisation to support them with finding their next Financial Accountant this will be a key role within the Finance team working closely under the Financial Controller.
As well as a competitive base salary our client offers flexible working and work from home, parking, Christmas and new year off, 25 days annual leave, Interest free travel loans, pension, on site gym and health benefits
- Prepare annual financial statements for active subsidiary and related companies of the Organisation, in line with relevant legislation, including filing at Companies House and with the Charity Commission liaising with external auditor.
- To assist with the preparation and audit of the companies consolidated financial statements.
- Produce short and long term cash flow forecasts, ensuring that funds are available to meeting financial commitments and regular reports for Internal and external stakeholders.
- To assist with the preparation of the VAT returns and forecasts for the Organisation and its subsidiary companies, maintaining complex spreadsheets.
- To contribute to negotiations with HMRC on VAT matters, in particular, during inspections.
- Provide and maintain statistical data to support various VAT calculations.
- To oversee the Organisations capital expenditure budget. Allocate capital codes, monitor expenditure, obtain project cash flows, provide regular updates to senior management and produce reports for Stakeholders.
- To assist with the depreciation forecast for Organisations budgets and five year forecast.
- To produce the Organisations corporation tax return, analysing data and ensuring that the return adheres to current legislation.
- Review systems and procedures in use on a continuous basis, identify weaknesses and agree improvements.
- To produce reports and analyses for management and Stakeholders as required
You will be qualified or newly qualified with you ACCA/CIMA
Ideally have experience of working in the not for profit / public sector (this is not essential)