A vital position is now available with Oldham Council for a Communications Manager to support the delivery of the council's Health and Care teams. This role is available immediately on an initial 3-month temporary contract.
What is the role?
Oldham Council are now looking to appoint an experienced Communications Manager to promote and enhance the reputation of the Council through effective communications activity, messaging and campaigns for their Health and Care directorates.
How will you do this?
- Lead and improve effective press and media services and internal communications strategy.
- Take responsibility for all media forward planning and liaison to enhance and preserve the Council's reputation.
- Work closely with senior managers and Elected Members on sensitive matters and major campaigns. Providing advice to maximise positive media coverage.
- Coordinate the research and copywriting for all communications.
What background do you need?
- Local Government experience in media relations and internal communication would be beneficial.
- Ability to deliver a range of communication activity including press and PR, events, marketing and digital publication, in a large organisation.
- Ability to work with senior management and a wide range of partner organisations and services.
How do you find out more?
To register your interest, and to receive a full job description, please apply below.