An Engineering company based in Southampton is looking for a Finance Assistant to join their team and report to the Financial controller. You would be joining this company at an exciting time, as they convert a large R&D project into production. This is ideally a full time position but part time applicants will be considered, (minimum of 27 hours a week is required) This is a great role for someone looking for the opportunity to develop and gain exposure to more finance duties e.g. management accounts preparation, statutory accounts. It would also suit a candidate who is able to take on all aspects of the day to day accounts and work unsupervised.
- Purchase ledger
- Sales Ledger
- Employee expenses
- Assist with utilities contracts
- Diary management
- Payroll provider liaison
- Other admin duties
- Qualified AAT but will consider QBE
- Good accounting software knowledge and experience - Xero preferred
- Must be an experienced Excel user and proficient in other MS Office products.
- Excellent communication skills ( both verbal and wriiten)
- Good time management skills
- Keen to take on new challenges
- Any knowledge of facilities management, human resources or other company support roles will be an advantage but not essential